Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CAI Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HKSkook
I wont lie made in America is a plus for me for sure! I like the Steeda Kit alot and after your post am leaning that way. As far as the Bama or SCT tuner are there any pros/cons for either model? Thanks everyone for the responses.
I believe they are the same thing, they should both be an SCT tuner. The difference would be the tunes that are loaded onto it. We write our own tunes in-house and offer a great all-around performance tune in different octanes.

We have a pak that combines the CAI & SCT X3 tuner for a $40 savings, you can also get this for 20% off right now with our black Friday sale.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Derf00
I wasn't aware that Steeda had those ISO Certs!? Good to know!

The company I work for also has those certs and they are important at maintaining a high build quality and maintaining a method to address customer complaints as related to improve overall product quality. You cannot deviate from the quality process outlined by ISO and your approved ISO process without documenting it (paper trail). Makes it harder to get "bad batches" of products.

Hmm, that will weigh-in heavily on my next round of purchases which will happen to be suspension parts
Definitely, let me know when you get ready. I'd be glad to help.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:00 PM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
I believe they are the same thing, they should both be an SCT tuner. The difference would be the tunes that are loaded onto it. We write our own tunes in-house and offer a great all-around performance tune in different octanes.

We have a pak that combines the CAI & SCT X3 tuner for a $40 savings, you can also get this for 20% off right now with our black Friday sale.
You have a PM
Old 11-24-2012, 08:04 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

You have a PM
You will not be disappointed!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:18 PM
BAB GT
2nd Gear Member

IMO, you get the best performance with a CAI and dyno tune, if you get the right speed shop to do the tune.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 AM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

You have a PM
Nevermind I found the kit. Got a great deal I think. Got the Steeda CAI and SCT tuner kit for $540 shipped. $40 off for the kit, 20%percent off for black Friday and Free shipping! Yeah Baby! The only thing I wonder is how much does Steeda charge for tunes? I see alot of companies are giving lifetime tunes when you buy from them.
Either way great deal!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Nevermind I found the kit. Got a great deal I think. Got the Steeda CAI and SCT tuner kit for $540 shipped. $40 off for the kit, 20%percent off for black Friday and Free shipping! Yeah Baby! The only thing I wonder is how much does Steeda charge for tunes? I see alot of companies are giving lifetime tunes when you buy from them.
Either way great deal!
Should come loaded with at least 2 tunes. An 87 and a 93 octane. You will be more than happy I think. Would not give up my Steeda tunes for anything. Best street friendly tune I have run myself. I run the 93 octane tune. Hard, flat pull.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:22 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

When you purchase a SCT handheld tuner with custom tunes, it should come with 3 custom tunes loaded on the tuner. AM and Brenspeed offer this and you are able to choose the custom tunes according to the octane that is available in your area. Once you receive the tuner, you will need to install the CAI and then upload the custom tune. Important: When uploading the custom tune, make sure you have the correct octane in your tank. You must have equivalent or higher octane to match the custom tune. Example: If you upload the 87 custom tune, you can use 87 or higher octane. If you upload a 93 race tune, you are required to have 93 octane in order to run properly. If you do not have the correct octane your car will knock and ping and may run rich or lean, which in turn could damage your engine.

Last edited by kevinmalec; 11-27-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:55 AM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
When you purchase a SCT handheld tuner with custom tunes, it should come with 3 custom tunes loaded on the tuner. AM and Brenspeed offer this and you are able to choose the custom tunes according to the octane that is available in your area. Once you receive the tuner, you will need to install the CAI and then upload the custom tune. Important: When uploading the custom tune, make sure you have the correct octane in your tank. You must have equivalent or higher octane to match the custom tune. Example: If you upload the 87 custom tune, you can use 87 or higher octane. If you upload a 93 race tune, you are required to have 93 octane in order to run properly. If you do not have the correct octane your car will knock and ping and may run rich or lean, which in turn could damage your engine.
Thats good info thanks. It wont be a problem because I only run 93 octane anyway. The guy at Steeda told me once I get the tuner plug it in and it will give a code. Once I get that call Steeda and they will Email me a tune. Pretty excited from what everyone says you can feel the difference so I cant wait. My question is more if I put on underdrive pulleys and say longtube headers down the road will Steeda charge me for a new tune? If so howmuch do they cost?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Islands

Thats good info thanks. It wont be a problem because I only run 93 octane anyway. The guy at Steeda told me once I get the tuner plug it in and it will give a code. Once I get that call Steeda and they will Email me a tune. Pretty excited from what everyone says you can feel the difference so I cant wait. My question is more if I put on underdrive pulleys and say longtube headers down the road will Steeda charge me for a new tune? If so howmuch do they cost?
Good q, I was also wondering if the underdrive pulleys and exhaust would effect the tune. I wouldent go as far as headers though, catback or axleback is probably what id go with. Though I am starting to like those Borla's.

Quick Reply: CAI Help