Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No more Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Wow sorry to see this, glad you are ok. Like has been stated that car is almost undeniably totalled. Looks like a serious hit and for you to walk away seems like a great car. I'm glad that truck driver was there to give his statement, could only imagine what could have come out if he had not.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Last accident I was in, where the other driver was clearly at fault, their insurance company gave me the run around, because they claimed she was not covered on the insurance, white trash daughter of the car owner. I eventually gave up and claimed in under my insurance and my insurance sued their insurance. I eventually got my deductible back.

I hate insurance companies! They are all the devil.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

I bought the car new in March, I changed alot of things on the car since buying it like the CS lower facia, the roush grill, roush side skirts, Cold air kit with sct tuner, put the gt500 spoiler on it, window louvers and side scoops. The car was perfect as to how I wanted it to look.
Now I have to start all over again. Who knows what I will do next time around. I do have eyes on a black GT/CS at a dealer close to me, its a manual and my car was an automatic.
I havent driven a manual trans since I was in the Marine Corps 20+ years ago and dont know if I want to start at it again, I know my wife wont like it either. We arent spring chickens anymore. We are at that point in life where you just want to put the car in drive and go. Oh well I guess time will tell.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:11 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the car, but this appears to be one of those wrecks where the loss of the car seems irrelevant... you are alive! That looks like it was hellacious. You know you drive a safe car when front end is pushed into the firewall and the engine block is cracked, yet the passenger compartment is perfect and the doors open and close. That's pretty impressive. Good luck with everything man.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:54 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

wow that is horrible. Sorry about the car man. Glad you are ok though
Old 12-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I must say these vehicles are "BUILT FORD TOUGH"
I may feel like crap but Im alive.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Last accident I was in, where the other driver was clearly at fault, their insurance company gave me the run around, because they claimed she was not covered on the insurance, white trash daughter of the car owner. I eventually gave up and claimed in under my insurance and my insurance sued their insurance. I eventually got my deductible back.

I hate insurance companies! They are all the devil.
Same thing happened to me. A guy made a left turn in front of me, then tried to make a claim with MY insurance company! Lucky I had an accident report. Took me three months to get my deductible back because I had to claim on my insurance and they had to sue his. I don't hate insurance companies. They're like lawyers. Everyone hates them until they need them. Mine did right by me.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 PM
BAB GT
2nd Gear Member

Not a fan of flaw suits, but in this case a good attorney would definitely get you a better deal than either insurance company.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

glad your ok and glad you had a witness. witnesses are invaluable. all of his information should be on the accident report.

Being a cop, I handle accidents all the time, usually I can tell who is at fault, regardless of what driver A and B say... driver A is at fault but wont admit it... then try to file a complaint when I determine that they are at fault and write them a ticket. my sgt is quick to squash that nonsense....
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
Sorry to hear about the car, but this appears to be one of those wrecks where the loss of the car seems irrelevant... you are alive! That looks like it was hellacious. You know you drive a safe car when front end is pushed into the firewall and the engine block is cracked, yet the passenger compartment is perfect and the doors open and close. That's pretty impressive. Good luck with everything man.
^ This!

Glad you're okay bud. It sucks, but it's only a car. Replace it and start all over with the mods. If there's anything you didn't like about the one you had, or something you wished you'd had on it, then now you get a fresh start. Let us know what you decide and good luck.

Quick Reply: No more Mustang