Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Identify this mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbradle4
I wonder where that "Saleen" owner is, that is offended by people who badge mustangs as something else... You know, the guy with the fake Saleen... That's badged as a Saleen.
Karma is a bitch.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:06 AM
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

I wonder where that "Saleen" owner is, that is offended by people who badge mustangs as something else... You know, the guy with the fake Saleen... That's badged as a Saleen.
You're not referring to my earlier post are you?
Old 02-13-2013, 11:23 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

First glimps, it's definitely NOT a GT500!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:36 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kdryan
You're not referring to my earlier post are you?
No, not at all. There was a post several weeks ago about a guy that "paid more money for a REAL Saleen" and was complaining about people who put Saleen fascias and badges on their non Saleen GT's or V6's... I'll have to see if I can attach the link...
Here it is:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/off-...ng-around.html
Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRAGUL
It's a fobra. At least on this one they got the snakes going in the right direction. Looks good I like it, but I am not into putting fake badges on a car. Just put that grill on my wife's 05 yesterday.
You mean Fauxbra
Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 PM
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

Saw an '06 GT on a car lot a few weeks ago that the owner had obviously put a LOT of good work into. The whole body kit including wheel flares, decked out the interior with Recaro seats, and even had a supercharger under the hood. Then he stuck Shelby letters and Cobras on the side. Totally blew it for me...
Old 02-13-2013, 12:18 PM
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

No, not at all. There was a post several weeks ago about a guy that "paid more money for a REAL Saleen" and was complaining about people who put Saleen fascias and badges on their non Saleen GT's or V6's... I'll have to see if I can attach the link...
Here it is:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/off-...ng-around.html
THAT is a serious ego problem at work... Wish I had gotten in on that thread before it got locked. I've owned several Mustangs now and half the fun of owning one is making it yours by customizing it. It's amazing what people can do with the relatively few aftermarket parts available.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I don't see the problem with buying all the aftermarket parts and making your car a saleen. Same with gt500. After all, those cars are just s197 mustangs with different parts.

Now if you try to sell it as an original, that's just dishonest.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

I don't understand why people get so worked up about what someone else is doing with their car. They aren't spending your money on parts/badges and you don't have to drive it or own it. It just seems like a lot of wasted energy on something you can't control.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:24 PM
BLWN PNY
1st Gear Member

Its funny the most comments i get about being a fobra and it having the snakes on it is from the GT owners, and 99% of them dont know till i tell them its not a GT500.
if a gt500 owner got offended by it i could understand. The car was done when i got it and i do plan on doing away with the snakes when the paint work is done, but only because i want to. when someone checks out the car the first thing i tell them i its just a GT and not a shelby, so just because it has snakes on it dont mean we are trying to fool anyone I love the look of the shelby and with the turbo it has more hp and tq than a stock shelby so it wont let the badges down till then.

But i think its funny how GT owners are the most out spoken about the subject and have the most to say.

Name:  P1010769_zps25787659.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  80.2 KB

Quick Reply: Identify this mustang