Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
View Poll Results: READ THE POST FIRST PLEASE.
GT premium with leather seats and stock gearing
33.33%
GT with track pack and cloth recaros
66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

New 2013 Leather Int or Track Pack w/ Recaros??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:43 PM
russell16
1st Gear Member

Default New 2013 Leather Int or Track Pack w/ Recaros??

Alright, so some might remember my post about wrecking my 2012 GT Premium. Well I'm looking to replace it now and have found a dealership near me with some pretty good deals on the last 2013s on their lot. I bought the 2012 used and it had 3.73s and brembo brake package (it did not have the full track pack).

When I started looking at new cars, my only requirements were that it had 3.73s and leather interior. If I could still afford the brembos, great, but if not I wasn't worried. I found 2 cars (black and deep impact blue) that each had the track pack (3.73s, brembos, etc...) but had the cloth recaros. If they didn't have the cloth recaros, and had the leather seats that come in the GT premiums then this would be a no brainer. I sat in the recaros and while they arent necessarily uncomfortable I don't like that they are cloth and I really like the stock leather seats much better (and the recaros are manual seats but this isn't really that big of a deal to me). I was not able to test drive these at the time but I probably should have test driven a different car that also had recaros in them to see how I liked them while actually driving.

I usually don't hammer on it all the time so the 3.73s will only really be used "occasionally" when I want to get on it, while I will always be sitting on the leather/cloth seats. I did test drive a pretty standard GT premium, which has the stock gearing and leather. It seemed to still be plenty fast with the stock gearing and I didn't fully get on it. When shifting through the gears, it did not seem anywhere near as smooth as my 2012, it was very notchy if that makes sense. Did they change something in the 2013s? Will it get broken in and become smoother over time? This would be my first brand new car ever so I don't know if this is normal. When I bought the 2012 it had 4000 miles on it and was very smooth. And i guess if I really wanted to, I could always just get the 3.73s installed at a later date, but all the other goodies that come with the track pack are pretty enticing as well.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

Drive both and see which one you like better, If it is a DD and you don't think the recaros are comfortable then your going to be hating that ride everyday.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:32 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

I set in the Recaro's and was very less than impressed. It may be the best track seat ever but my butt would suffer the other 99.9% of the time it was used as a DD. Same thing with the Brembo brake package to me. Yes it looks nice and yes it will perform on a track. Day to day driving and an $1800 or so option for a look? To me it just was not worth it. I will just take my compfy recliner old man leather seats and use the 3:73's.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:40 PM
beerman616
1st Gear Member

I went with the GT Premium with the leather seats. I just didn't like how the Recaro's felt, and like mapitts said, I wanted to be comfortable more than stuck to the seat for the couple days a year I might run on a track.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Keep it real
2nd Gear Member

I wish I had this problem :/. Though I feel bad that you lost the old one.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

You could always just order one with that setup, that's what I did with mine.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 PM
13pony
1st Gear Member

Nice to see the poll results! Maybe it's because I don't need a DD anymore, but I am diggin' the Recaro's, and the Track Pack! I thought I would miss the leather, but I dont..and they are breaking in nicely! nuff said...
Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

I love the recaro's (leather though) and it's my DD. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:21 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangingAround
I love the recaro's (leather though) and it's my DD. Different strokes for different folks.
^^That's what is all about^^. What one person wants may not be what the other is looking for. Personal opinions open and honest with out all of the other drama. Like arguing over the best color for a car. To each his own.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
13pony
1st Gear Member

Amen, brother!

Quick Reply: New 2013 Leather Int or Track Pack w/ Recaros??