Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

RPM Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:09 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by sbradle4
Warning, this is going to be a long post...

Ok, so, my 2010 GT, with automatic transmission is having some RPM issues (still).
Hello sbradle4,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer for diagnosis. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can check into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 04-03-2013, 11:38 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hello sbradle4,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer for diagnosis. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can check into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Deysha,
I have already done that, taken it to two dealers, one refused to look at my car, the other said that the car in its stock state is "normal". So I'm really not going to waste my time anymore with this issue that is being called "normal" when it only started doing this in January 2013. I purchased the car in January 2012. Was told there were no recalls, or TSB's that address the issue I describe.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:14 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Deysha,
I have already done that, taken it to two dealers, one refused to look at my car, the other said that the car in its stock state is "normal". So I'm really not going to waste my time anymore with this issue that is being called "normal" when it only started doing this in January 2013. I purchased the car in January 2012. Was told there were no recalls, or TSB's that address the issue I describe.
So, it doesn't hurt to get it escalated. Please PM me with your info.

Deysha
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
So, it doesn't hurt to get it escalated. Please PM me with your info.

Deysha
Deysha,
Apparently I've already pissed of one dealership by "escalating" the problem, and now they have refused to service my car for any reason. So I now have to go across town to a different Ford Dealership for service. I don't want to "escalate" any more issues, because the third closest dealership is 40 miles away.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:12 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Deysha,
Apparently I've already pissed of one dealership by "escalating" the problem, and now they have refused to service my car for any reason. So I now have to go across town to a different Ford Dealership for service. I don't want to "escalate" any more issues, because the third closest dealership is 40 miles away.
Been watching this post as well as a few others that Ford CSR has posted on. I just have a few comments that others may not feel comfortable expressing. There are quite a few of these Mustang websites. A few people come here looking for answers but mostly to discuss our passion for a particular Ford product. I realize that some people go to extremes when trying to file a warranty claim, ie. a super charger or twin turbo, etc. When most of us just have a few simple bolt ons, the dealerships treat us like we are fools. In some cases they try to void a factory warranty because of an axle back exhaust. You would think that Ford Corporate would love to see as many people passionate about their products as we are. Instead when some of us ( I am using that as a generic term ) go to a dealership we are presumed guilty when we step foot in the door with a problem unless it is for an oil change or something. If I go in with my Mustang with a blown slave cylinder for example, the first thing they are going to look at is the fact that I have a custom tune and CAI. Which, by the way, was designed by a company with their shared technology. That means that Ford HELPED them with it. Then we are more or less slapped in the face when we have a problem that has nothing to do with that in the first place. Now Ford dealerships can deny you service at will and for whatever reason?? I am trying very hard not to rant and rave at this point but, Ford REALLY needs to put the customer first instead of throwing up hands, denying that TSB's that have been issued don't exist ( any body can look those up ) and then the service manager tell you not to come back? For anything? If that is the case, then they need to tell you up front that the new car you are buying is "as is, where is". That almost ran the US car manufacturers out of business in the late '70s and early '80s.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:20 AM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

see i don 't understand that attitude of go away and never come back.

treat em right and they may be a customer for life. thats pays off in the long run. some dealerships understand this..........but alot don't.

id drive out of my way to go to a dealership that treated me right.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:46 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by modru2004
see i don 't understand that attitude of go away and never come back.

treat em right and they may be a customer for life. thats pays off in the long run. some dealerships understand this..........but alot don't.

id drive out of my way to go to a dealership that treated me right.
Yep. I was going to the dealership less than 5 miles away from my house, that is the one that refused service on my vehicle. Now I have to go to the dealership just shy of 20 miles away, so I don't want to have another dealership refuse me, they have to go 40 miles away to a dealership in a Po-dunk town. (Which is actually where I bought the mustang.)
Old 04-16-2013, 01:18 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Deysha,
I know they’re independently owned, and can make those types of choices. Please let me know how things work out with the second dealer.

Deysha