Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

drivetrain clunk/clack noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Zevox

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hello Zevox,

Welcome and congrats on your new ride! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Please bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer for diagnosis and PM me with your VIN, full name, mileage, dealer, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Thanks for the reply and offer to help expedite things. Currently my job is picking up so I won't be able to make time to see a dealer. Since I only have 500 miles it might wear bright but I will keep your info in mind if the noises worsen.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:18 PM
kornflake7

ya I get this same noise sometimes and just attributed it to the 2 piece driveshaft
Old 04-28-2013, 12:38 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I think this is normal movement of the rear axle/drive train.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:52 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Zevox
Thanks for the reply and offer to help expedite things. Currently my job is picking up so I won't be able to make time to see a dealer. Since I only have 500 miles it might wear bright but I will keep your info in mind if the noises worsen.
No problem, Zevox. Please keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 04-30-2013, 12:59 PM
RWDtech
1st Gear Member

I somehow unsubscribed myself from this thread... But I am taking the car to the dealer here Wednesday. Deysha, I will send you a PM with the details.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:48 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by RWDtech
I somehow unsubscribed myself from this thread... But I am taking the car to the dealer here Wednesday. Deysha, I will send you a PM with the details.
Got it, RWDtech. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 10-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Mr.Fields

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello Zevox,

Welcome and congrats on your new ride! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Please bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer for diagnosis and PM me with your VIN, full name, mileage, dealer, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Hello Deysha,
I also recently purchased a 2014 GT mustang. I'm experiencing the same loud clunking noises when shifting gears. It's a bit embarrassing to hear the loud clunking noise when pulling into my neighborhood and parking lots. I am unable to send you a PM. Please message me. Thank you
Old 10-15-2013, 06:33 AM
RWDtech
1st Gear Member

I know what you mean. Ford considers this normal, at least my dealer did. "Its a mechanical system" was the response I got. Unless you are hearing a different noise than I am. You just have to let off the clutch super smoothly.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:53 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Mr.Fields
Hello Deysha,
I also recently purchased a 2014 GT mustang. I'm experiencing the same loud clunking noises when shifting gears. It's a bit embarrassing to hear the loud clunking noise when pulling into my neighborhood and parking lots. I am unable to send you a PM. Please message me. Thank you
Hello Mr.Fields,

I’m not able to PM you either. I believe you need to have a certain amount of posts in order to be able to PM.

Deysha
Old 10-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Mr.Fields

Originally Posted by RWDtech
I know what you mean. Ford considers this normal, at least my dealer did. "Its a mechanical system" was the response I got. Unless you are hearing a different noise than I am. You just have to let off the clutch super smoothly.
Yea the only way for it not to make noise is to let off the clutch very slowly- I just don't feel it should be that way- I've never had to do that in any other manual cars I've driven. Other than that, I'm loving my mustang

Quick Reply: drivetrain clunk/clack noise