Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Im serious i need to talk about my mustang....

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 02:54 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default Im serious i need to talk about my mustang....

hey guys,

well as some of u know i recently got a sonic blue 05 GT and i have posted pics of it,I finished breaking in the motor 2 weeks ago and i liked the power but today i was stopped by a traffic light and a mercedes 55 (i dont know if e or these stuff ) was near me he wanted to race me so when the light went green we were together and suddenly he was infront of me i was shocked i dont know that cars power but hell it was fast i kinda hated myself because i lost i hate losing....anyway i wanted to know many things about my car and i know u guys will help me,

when answering my questions please write the questions number and the answere so that i can know...

1) is my mustang faster than the lumina ss and the z350 ? (stock vs stock vs stock )
2) my car understeers when fetting in highspeed turns is that normal ?
3) when in reverse and throttling and then braking i hear a sound from the front tires so is it normal ?
4) when i try to pull the E-brake or as known as the hand-brakes while car is moving the tires wont lock the car would just understeer samething when i turn off the traction...why is that ?
5) i want my mustang GT to go faster what would be a good part to begin with ? i need to feel the true american power behind my cars wheels..

last question
6) if i equipped like super chips,pullies,intake and filter would that give me a huge diffrence in power ? and would there be any effect on my motors health or gears in the future because i dont want to sell my mustang i want to keep it forever... (( inshallah ))

thanks for your support,

ur friend saud alzaabi,
Old 10-04-2005, 02:58 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Im serious i need to talk about my mustang....

Why would you post a question about the GT in the V6 section?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:20 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

Why would you post a question about the GT in the V6 section?
probably a mistake. I will move it to the '05+, 4.6 section
Old 10-04-2005, 03:27 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

Start with a tuner either SCT Xcal2 or Diablo Predator, they will free up some power and eliminate throttle lag. You can also get a CAI (Cold Air Intake) with a tuner as a package that should add a noticable gain.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:08 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

4) when i try to pull the E-brake or as known as the hand-brakes while car is moving the tires wont lock the car would just understeer samething when i turn off the traction...why is that ?
ur friend saud alzaabi,
Why on earth do you want to this [&:]
Old 10-04-2005, 05:40 PM
05Pony
1st Gear Member

the diablo tuner is great but dosn't do anythign for the throttle timing.. it still has the 2sec delay.. the ebrake pulling is f*stupid and the car has so many limiters that it wont let you do that anyway.. I noticed a huge diff when i got my diablo tuner.. i raced a 350z and it is in a totoally diff class.. it will beat the hell out ofyou everytime just b/c its lots lighter and has a totally diff gearing and also its a 6speed most of them. i got killd by the 350z.. as for the understeering.. iv had no problems with my contoll and stuff..
Old 10-04-2005, 05:45 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ohhh.. sorry guys my mistake i was in a real hurry when i wanted to write the post....

sorry im new to these stuff but what do u mean by these mods ? 'SCT Xcal2 or Diablo Predator' thier new to my ears explain them to me please and do they harm the motor ? because I drive my mustang daily morning and night its my everyday car... and also in the summer the weather goes to 49 c degree's...so i dont want anymod that is not good for my car

and sowaxeman i just like the rear end when it slips + u dont know u may need them to make a fst U-TURN
Old 10-04-2005, 06:34 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

i was stopped by a traffic light and a mercedes 55 (i dont know if e or these stuff ) was near me he wanted to race me so when the light went green we were together and suddenly he was infront of me i was shocked i dont know that cars power but hell it was fast i kinda hated myself because i lost i hate losing....
uh, yeah... depending on the model the 55's run between 360-490 hp... I think the S55 is the supercharged V8 with 490hp... not exactly a good race for you...
Old 10-04-2005, 06:38 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05Pony

I raced a 350z and it is in a totoally diff class.. it will beat the hell out ofyou everytime just b/c its lots lighter and has a totally diff gearing and also its a 6speed most of them. i got killd by the 350z.. as for the understeering.. iv had no problems with my contoll and stuff..

You got killed by a 350 Z ? The 350 Z I went up against I beat by a good margin. Even the magazines rate the Z slower.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:50 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

ORIGINAL: 05Pony

I raced a 350z and it is in a totoally diff class.. it will beat the hell out ofyou everytime just b/c its lots lighter and has a totally diff gearing and also its a 6speed most of them. i got killd by the 350z.. as for the understeering.. iv had no problems with my contoll and stuff..

You got killed by a 350 Z ? The 350 Z I went up against I beat by a good margin. Even the magazines rate the Z slower.

my bro said that to mee too...he said he drove his friends sl55 and he was playing on the throttle when he was racing a z350 he said thier sloooow he said i have a big chance on beating them but im still not sure.....

Quick Reply: Im serious i need to talk about my mustang....