Time to get the 60's down - MustangForums.com



GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
code3GT
Mustang Nazi
Thread Starter
 
code3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas, baby
Posts: 13,442
Default Time to get the 60's down

Got my new UPR Pro Series rear suspension along with Strange 10 way adj. shocks/struts. Also, got a new UPR black billet shortie antennae and black billet 5.0 fender emblems.





code3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
UPRSharad
Sponsor
 
UPRSharad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 2,568
Default

Awww yeah! It's about to get serious around here!
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
code3GT
Mustang Nazi
Thread Starter
 
code3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas, baby
Posts: 13,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPRSharad View Post
Awww yeah! It's about to get serious around here!
You know it and we expect to see you at FFW at Ennis in September!!!!
code3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member
 
Diabolical!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 4,495
Default

NICE choices. I run the strange shocks/struts and I'm in the process of finishing up my full UPR suspension. My advice is to run -2 degrees of pinion angle, the front struts set to full loose and the rear shocks four clicks from full firm. After each run, go one click firmer on the rear until you start to spin, then back off one click (this is assuming you already have your ideal tire pressure and RPM at launch). Have fun with it man. Nothing is better for 60' times than the kind of mods you're doing now.

And now I need to get my UPR upper mount, UCA and spherical bearing in place...
Diabolical! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
code3GT
Mustang Nazi
Thread Starter
 
code3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas, baby
Posts: 13,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
NICE choices. I run the strange shocks/struts and I'm in the process of finishing up my full UPR suspension. My advice is to run -2 degrees of pinion angle, the front struts set to full loose and the rear shocks four clicks from full firm. After each run, go one click firmer on the rear until you start to spin, then back off one click (this is assuming you already have your ideal tire pressure and RPM at launch). Have fun with it man. Nothing is better for 60' times than the kind of mods you're doing now.

And now I need to get my UPR upper mount, UCA and spherical bearing in place...

Thanks man!!! I'm really excited about seeing 1.5
or better 60'.
code3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
808muscle
5th Gear Member
 
808muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maui
Posts: 4,752
Default

I love the strange shocks struts. So much better than the stockers. Good luck on the new ETs.
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member
 
Gary Ugarek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,181
Default

Nice looking package code 3.

Folks like you and Diabolical have helped lead me in making my parts list for my stang. So I appreciate the sharing you guys have done.

BTW, Love tombstone as well, and this year is it's 20th anniversary.

"I'm your huckleberry"
Gary Ugarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
code3GT
Mustang Nazi
Thread Starter
 
code3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas, baby
Posts: 13,442
Default

Thanks Gary....

I'm gonna see just how deep I can get into the 11's with stock motor (except for tune) and air box.

And as far as Tombstone.....one of my favorite movies!!!

"Maybe poker's not your game. I know, let's have a spelling bee".
code3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member
 
Gary Ugarek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by code3GT View Post
Thanks Gary....

I'm gonna see just how deep I can get into the 11's with stock motor (except for tune) and air box.

And as far as Tombstone.....one of my favorite movies!!!

"Maybe poker's not your game. I know, let's have a spelling bee".
"Why Ike... what ever do you mean?"

"Oh johnny, I'm sorry i forgot you were there"
Gary Ugarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #10
UPRSharad
Sponsor
 
UPRSharad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 2,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by code3GT View Post
You know it and we expect to see you at FFW at Ennis in September!!!!
Ha! It would be nice. We'll see... If I could get my boss at the magazine to let me cover the race, I could probably swing it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
NICE choices. I run the strange shocks/struts and I'm in the process of finishing up my full UPR suspension. My advice is to run -2 degrees of pinion angle, the front struts set to full loose and the rear shocks four clicks from full firm. After each run, go one click firmer on the rear until you start to spin, then back off one click (this is assuming you already have your ideal tire pressure and RPM at launch). Have fun with it man. Nothing is better for 60' times than the kind of mods you're doing now.

And now I need to get my UPR upper mount, UCA and spherical bearing in place...
^^


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek View Post
Nice looking package code 3.

Folks like you and Diabolical have helped lead me in making my parts list for my stang. So I appreciate the sharing you guys have done.

BTW, I love Tombstone as well, and this year is it's 20th anniversary.

"I'm your huckleberry"
^^One of my favorite movies. This is my favorite scene-

"Ed, what an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness. Does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it."

UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My idea of Best Bang for Your Buck Car. What do you guys think? mungodrums 5.0L GT S550 Tech 7 10-07-2015 04:01 AM
Sept 26th Mountain Cruise clowe1965 Carolina Regional Chapter 34 09-28-2015 09:18 PM
Car died while driving... StalkerGT 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang 13 09-25-2015 02:41 PM
Comcast "customer service" JimC Off Topic 22 09-11-2015 08:00 PM
Steeda & Nitto Tire Testing NT555 G2 - Great Photos Inside!! tj@steeda Steeda Autosports 0 09-08-2015 11:50 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.