MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (http://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   I'll try anything.. Tune issues. (http://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/696726-ill-try-anything-tune-issues.html)

Slowpoek06GT 06-13-2013 01:01 AM

I'll try anything.. Tune issues.
 
06 GT with a Steeda CAI and Bama SF3 tuner.. I just ripped around town a bit on the 91 race tune- car was running Grrrrrreat. I'm going on the road soon, so I went to load the 91 perf tune when I got home. I barely got it to idle-- and tripped the p2104 and p2112 DTCs with associated fail safe and engine lights.. I know these are for:

P2104- throttle actuator control system- forced idle
P2112- " " " " - stuck closed

I tried returning to the race tune. I returned to stock. I disconnected the battery and retried everything. I did a strange "tune dance" in my driveway in hopes that I could get back to where I was a half hour earlier-- to no avail. I've had no Problems of late. I really REFUSE to think this is a TB issue-- who's the genius out there? I've surfed a bit trying to find the answer on my own- but wanted to post to the forum in hopes of taking the beast on the road this week.

VistaBlueFrank68 06-13-2013 02:32 AM

Did you buy the tuner or did it come with the car?
I once had a prob with mine, I lost the stock tune with one tuner, then got a SCT and well things can get confusing when you don't know a cars past.

Did you try Googling problems with p2104 and so on...?

Later.

808muscle 06-13-2013 02:48 AM

Call bama.

Slowpoek06GT 06-13-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68 (Post 8230528)
Did you buy the tuner or did it come with the car?
I once had a prob with mine, I lost the stock tune with one tuner, then got a SCT and well things can get confusing when you don't know a cars past.

Did you try Googling problems with p2104 and so on...?

Later.

I bought the tuner from AM with the CAI- and I also tried googling everything I can think of.. no luck. I can get a list of what the codes are but nothing as far as a fix. like I said, no reason to think a TB (or TB motor) issue, which is what it seems they are point to.

awbreyjd 06-13-2013 09:15 AM

yes but have you called bama yet. They can probably help you out. At teh same time you said you were ripping around town on the 91 Race Tune then got home and changed tunes. Something could have very well happened to your components during some ripped driving around town. **** does happen. But Bama is good with customer service once you get ahold of them. Sometimes that is a task but they are busy.

Slowpoek06GT 06-13-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awbreyjd (Post 8230603)
yes but have you called bama yet. They can probably help you out. At teh same time you said you were ripping around town on the 91 Race Tune then got home and changed tunes. Something could have very well happened to your components during some ripped driving around town. **** does happen. But Bama is good with customer service once you get ahold of them. Sometimes that is a task but they are busy.

Called Bama. No help there. I find it hard to believe that I had no lights, whistles, crappy idle, or DTCs until I changed the tune- and it's gotta be the TB. I really thought they'd be more help too- as far as rippin around town, I understand **** happens but seems coincidental that it would happen at the same time as the tune change. I have had the wrong tune before- and that's what this is like. Takes a few extra seconds to turn over and then idles REAL low and slow.

mapitts 06-13-2013 10:38 AM

Lots of custom tune issues here lately, or so it seems. Mostly on the 4.6's. Seems like no one is exempt. Bama, Brenspeed, Steeda.

Slowpoek06GT 06-13-2013 10:47 AM

Alright alright- before everyone goes up the ladder on my previous post-- allow me to remove my foot from my forum mouth. It would appear I have a TB issue afterall. Now- maybe I can get some guidance with regard to the TB. It's a BBK 62mm that's been on for about 8-10 months.

I come across a gold-ish colored piece of machined metal that appears to match the color of the idle control. This piece is about a half inch long and cylindrical- almost looking like a piston of sorts. It was found sitting nicely on top of my radiator cover. Any thoughts on a fix, cause, etc?

Slowpoek06GT 06-13-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowpoek06GT (Post 8230654)
Alright alright- before everyone goes up the ladder on my previous post-- allow me to remove my foot from my forum mouth. It would appear I have a TB issue afterall. Now- maybe I can get some guidance with regard to the TB. It's a BBK 62mm that's been on for about 8-10 months.

I come across a gold-ish colored piece of machined metal that appears to match the color of the idle control. This piece is about a half inch long and cylindrical- almost looking like a piston of sorts. It was found sitting nicely on top of my radiator cover. Any thoughts on a fix, cause, etc?

The idle control now has an open top to it. It appears this piece came from inside? Anyone heard of this?

lawrencecar1 06-13-2013 11:49 AM

the permanent fix to put the stock tb back on..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.