Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

preferred exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Thrasherluver

Default preferred exhaust

What does everyone think is the best cat back exhaust for the 05 GT. I'm leaning towards the Borla. Sounds good without screaming "pay attention to me."
Old 10-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Robs05gtvert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: preferred exhaust

welcome...this subject has been debated non stop. Check out the search function and you will have enough reading material until the 2007's come in...I love my Bassani's!!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Thrasherluver

Thanks! Glad to be here.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Thunder1

Hey
Just put on some Magnaflow (magnapacks) Love em. Good loud sound. Also like the Flowmasters.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:37 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

i think spending that much on an exaust (that isnt gonna give you any power) is, in fact SHOUTING...."PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!" just my oppinion...... and the slp loudmouth isnt that loud, and sounds great......
Old 10-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Thrasherluver

Thanks for the opinion. I don't plan on putting a big "Borla" decal on my hood to advertise my exhaust. If I wanted to shout "pay attention to me" I would buy an exhaust that would be loud and need to be replaced in a couple of years instead of one that will last for the life of the car. 95% of the people out there don't know what Borla is, or do they care. 100% know what loud and obnocious means. I'm not knocking anyone out there who likes them loud. I love the sound of a muscle car, and 10 years ago I would have been asking "what's the loudest". I was hoping I would get real, honest opinions here from people who know more than me. Thanks Rob and Thunder, I'll look into your recommendations. I simply stated my preference, not my judgement. All other opinions would be appreciated. I'm not interested in the price, just the sound and the quality. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:31 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

dont think that im knocking borla... they are a great exaust, although i havent heard it on the new mustang yet... if price doesnt matter, get the dynatech long tube header system... complete with cats and Xpipe... coated... then go with the bassini from there back... that sounds great... and will last FOREVER... and by the way... where do you live that people dont know what borla is?? espically 95%???
Old 10-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Thrasherluver

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry, did I say that 95% don't know what "Borla" is? I meant "sarcasm".
Old 10-11-2005, 05:01 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

dam... my bad... thought you were bein serious... cause borla is one of the most popular exhaust on the market... anyone that has ever cracked open a car magazine has heard of it.........
Old 10-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Thrasherluver

I think I'm going to look into your suggestion. Thanks

Quick Reply: preferred exhaust