Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rev hanging=annoying!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 10:11 PM
jcyGT

**UPDATE** for ya i just put my cai on and tune intially the revving got worse when i first drove it then it seem to better after i shut off and started it again, so i called my guy and hes goin to change something for me tomar..... throttle response is 10 times better too.... and it takes off like a jet in comparison to what it was so ill let ya know tomar about it
Old 01-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Leroyx

Thanks for the update!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:30 PM
jcyGT

maybe im **** but its still not good enough they "cleaned" my tune up a little but im still not happy they told to clean the tb so we will see how that works
Old 01-09-2014, 11:15 PM
MACH1-DV

I'm the proud owner of a 2004 Mach1. I'm not sure if this will help, but I was experiencing the same hang of Rpms. It was the aftermarket throttle body butterfly, binding inside the throttle body which had a some wear.. I would pull up to a stoplight and the rpms would hang, giving the impression that I wanted to race opposite of whichever vehicle was beside me at the time. It was so annoying. The fix: I swapped the after market throttle body with the Factory TB and the Rpms never hung again.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Leroyx

Wow there sure is a lot of talk about dirty TB's on these cars, to those of you who have cleaned them do they really get that dirty that it causes hang ups etc and affects smooth throttle action? I've never had a problem with a dirty TB in all the cars I have ever owned.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Fox Fader
2nd Gear Member

All that dirty TB talk seems to be coming from the internet mechanics. Its in the OE tune and canned tune leaves it.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Fox Fader
2nd Gear Member

Any updates from anyone? I'm waiting on a reply from AM on the Bama tune here.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:03 PM
shinerttu
2nd Gear Member

Well I can't say anything about hanging rpms, but I can say Something about the TB as I just cleaned mine because of an issue with my tunes. I was instructed to clean the TB, I took it off and although there was some build up behind the throttle body flap, around the two ports. Didn't seam significant at all to me but I went ahead and cleaned it all up nice n shiny. Be carefule to protect the electronic connections if you do spray and clean it. Anyways I put it on and for like 2 min my car ran like a dream on 93R tune. Then I had the same issue. So..cleaning the throttle body probably helps but I doubt it is "solution" to a lot of issues. I could see a faulty aftermarket TB being an issue, have you swapped out the TB like Mach said? Sorry if that's already been said or tried.

Last edited by shinerttu; 01-21-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: I type like crap on my iPhone
Old 01-21-2014, 08:14 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

I think it's something to do with the throttle motor that is wired to the loud pedal ..... perhaps it is intended, perhaps not .... but that motor controls the throttle.

I miss a good old fashioned cable and spring setup.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Leroyx

No update here, been sick as hell since New Years and haven't felt like making inquiry's about a custom tune yet.

My TB is stock so that's not my issue. I too miss the good old fashioned throttle cable, you can't beat that direct connection to the motor.

Quick Reply: Rev hanging=annoying!