Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mil eliminators work for 2013?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 03:36 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by R1nStang
I had BAMA make me a tune for no CATS but did not disable the rear O2 sensor
This makes no sense.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:51 PM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottmach
This makes no sense.
how does that make no sense. Typically they disable the rear O2 sensors on a tune with no cats...I told them not to disable them because I'd rather do the defowler trick in order to not trip the inspection computer saying my O2's are disabled.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

There are tuners out there that can turn off the CEL and have all the readiness tests come up complete. You are going about this in the wrong way.
if you disable the rear O2 sensors you will not pass inspection it will come up as a system is disabled.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:51 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

if you disable the rear O2 sensors you will not pass inspection it will come up as a system is disabled.
I am following you. Everything that you are saying makes sense.

There are tuners out there that can turn off the CEL and have all the readiness tests come up complete.
Whoever told you this is flat wrong. You can turn off the CEL for a short period of time, but then it will come back. To completely remove it, you need to turn off rear O2 sensors. This shows up on emissions test as "System not ready" and you fail.

As for the CEL code on bank1, did you use any kind of thread sealer on the defowlers? I wonder if one side has a small leak that is causing too much emissions to go past the O2 sensor?

Last edited by BrazenStang; 04-01-2014 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Incorrect quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:28 AM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BrazenStang

Whoever told you this is flat wrong. You can turn off the CEL for a short period of time, but then it will come back. To completely remove it, you need to turn off rear O2 sensors. This shows up on emissions test as "System not ready" and you fail.

As for the CEL code on bank1, did you use any kind of thread sealer on the defowlers? I wonder if one side has a small leak that is causing too much emissions to go past the O2 sensor?
I did not use any thread sealer. Ill give that a shot. And just to clarify bank 1 is passenger side correct?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:30 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

I'm well aware of that.

That's absolutely not true. I'm running without cats and passed inspection just fine. My CEL doesn't come on but all the readiness tests come up ready. You just have to find the right tuner. Trust me there are ways to trick the system.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:58 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

I did not use any thread sealer. Ill give that a shot. And just to clarify bank 1 is passenger side correct?
Yes. Bank 1 is passenger side.

That's absolutely not true. I'm running without cats and passed inspection just fine. My CEL doesn't come on but all the readiness tests come up ready. You just have to find the right tuner. Trust me there are ways to trick the system.
Who is your guy? I live in DE and it would be worth the trip to get my tune done and have my car pass all ready tests for emissions. PM me.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 AM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

Who is your guy? I live in DE and it would be worth the trip to get my tune done and have my car pass all ready tests for emissions. PM me.
thanks man

and yeah im curious as well....wonder if BAMA tunes could do something like that
Old 04-02-2014, 10:11 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

I will absolutely PM you as this information is not to be shared on a public forum.
thanks man

and yeah im curious as well....wonder if BAMA tunes could do something like that
No, Bama does not have the ability to do this. One of many of their downfalls.