Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Truck lid panel with fake fuel cap.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 05:49 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Thumbs down Truck lid panel with fake fuel cap.

So I bought my 2014 Mustang GT premium about a month ago, and I had an A/C problem within the first week of ownership. Hopefully, since it was returned back to the dealer for the warranty a/c work, it will continue working. Yesterday, while washing my car, I noticed the black panel between the tail lights was coming loose. Today, instead of going home for lunch, I went to my Ford dealership to show the service person the problem with the panel coming loose. The service person took pictures of the loose panel, and told me the only way to fix the panel was to replace it, but it would need to get approved first. I asked, "You mean they may not correct this problem?" The service person said, they may not. It is getting to the point where I am experiencing remorse for buying this car. This is the most expensive car I have ever purchased, and it has already had two issues.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:17 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Two minor things....give the dealer some time. Nearly every issue is sent in for approval prior to repair. Relax and enjoy the car.....
Old 03-25-2014, 06:58 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

I am trying not to dwell on the negative with this car. I'm just disappointed that I've had to take it back to the deal twice since having the car for only about a month.
I did receive a call from the dealership today, and I have an appointment for them to install a replacement panel on Thursday. So I have to take off work, AGAIN, for warranty work. At least they have agreed to fix it.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:11 AM
jester0618
1st Gear Member

Most dealerships have a drop off so you don't have to take time off work.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:55 AM
tobaGT

I work at an import dealer, and any time there's anything body or trim related the manufacturer has to be notified and give consent. Mechanical is a little different, that can be pre-approved by the dealer in most cases. But body and trim, because there's always the possibility of impacts or snags, etc, they wanna see every little thing.

If anything I think your advisor could have used a little more tact in the covering-his-own-*** department.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:28 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jester0618
Most dealerships have a drop off so you don't have to take time off work.
As does this dealer...but then I have no way to get to work after dropping the car off. Nor do I have a way to pick the car up, go home for lunch, etc..

This has become quite annoying having to bring this car back and forth for warranty issues. What ever happened to (Ford, quality is job one.)? What a joke!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:50 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PeteInFlorida
As does this dealer...but then I have no way to get to work after dropping the car off. Nor do I have a way to pick the car up, go home for lunch, etc..

This has become quite annoying having to bring this car back and forth for warranty issues. What ever happened to (Ford, quality is job one.)? What a joke!
I know the dealers I've used had someone drive me to work and if necessary, come get me afterwards

Have you asked?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:09 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

I had work done on my vehicle and the dealer provided a shuttle since my work wasn't more than like 5 minutes away.

Your car is probably a Friday car, dude. That sucks.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:24 PM
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Well, they changed that piece between the tail lights. I got the car back, and the problem is still there, it's just not as large of a gap. The service person showed me 3 other 2014 Mustangs. Each one had the same defect, with one worse than mine was. It didn't make me feel any better though, since my car still has that defect. So, now I am going to order an after-market panel without the faux gas cap for about $200. Since FORD will not correct the problem, I will have to do it on my own.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:55 AM
Wesgel

Sorry for the bad luck so far man, but hopefully it will get all sorted out with these minor problems then the car will be good to go!

I recommend this deck http://www.americanmuscle.com/decklid-panel-1012.html its only 130$ and keeps the faux gas cap (some people don't like the faux cap but I love it)

Quick Reply: Truck lid panel with fake fuel cap.