Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

roush exhuast -- get me a new car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 12:05 PM
jwslaw

Default roush exhuast -- get me a new car!!!

just installed the roush axle back exhaust and all I can say is ... big ear to ear grin. its like I got a new car all over again.

only ran it thru my office neighborhood from the exhaust shop and back to the office. so, I don't know the freeway effect (drone???) but it sounds wicked so far.

I can say is I highly recommend this mod as for about $500 it turned it into completely new car. well worth the price of admission as the difference from stock is night and day.

Now it sounds like a real mustang should. should come from the factory somewhat like this as the stock exhaust is well....worthless.

next up, funds permitting, is the Brenspeed cobra jet power package, just a bit apprehensive about the whole tuning of the ECU since this is my DD......although I be happy for quite sometime just listening to the exhaust.

of course if feels faster now, but surely just the euphoria of the sound!

fitment was perfect ....took my mechanic only about an hour with no issues whatsoever.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:36 PM
jwslaw

just a couple more observations and i'll shut up:

MPG going up since the new exhaust; and
smoother acceleration, perhaps not more power but does feel that way as it revs more freely.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:51 PM
jwslaw

I was wrong ....one more post:

this engine responds to minor mods quite well. easy to say since the last car I enhanced was a 4cyl Tiburon and while the exhaust/ SRI made good sounds, it obviously did little to make a slow car and faster.

surely, an SRI provides additional benefits on this engine. I know many say otherwise, at least without a tune, but then why do the GT500's come stock with the open element air filter??? so long as there is some seal to keep out engine bay heat, I would be hard pressed to say it would not add at least better throttle response and maybe a little more torque/hp.