Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FLOWMASTER & OFF ROAD H-PIPE VIDEO INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 06:03 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Default FLOWMASTER & OFF ROAD H-PIPE VIDEO INSIDE

Today I installed the flowmaster 2005 Mustang GT axleback and as expected it fit like a glove. I had no fitment issues and almost anybody should be able to put these on in less than an hour. When ran with an off road H-pipe the interior noise was not near as loud as some of the other mufflers on the market. I did not notice a lot of droan inside the car either. If you are worried about your car getting to loud when removing the cats these mufflers would be a good choice. I have not put an X-pipe on with them yet but most customers have reported they did not like the way it sounded with an X-pipe. I will try that later this week if time permits and get more sound files up on the site.

The flowmaster mufflers are black with polished stainless steel tips. Personally I am a big fan of 100% polished mufflers on these cars but for the money it is not a bad option.

We now have these mufflers for only $299 shipped to your door. I wasn't going to stock them but after this install I felt it was a good option for some customers looking for increased sound at fair price but not making too much noise. But as always with exhaust and I have said it over and over what I think sounds good the next guy may not and vise versa.

CLICK TO WATCH FLOWMASTER VIDEO ON BRENSPEED
Update your windows media player if it does not play.

NEED CHRISTMAS IDEAS? BRENSPEED GIFT CERTIFICATE ON BRENSPEED.COM!

Old 11-30-2005, 06:36 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FLOWMASTER & OFF ROAD H-PIPE VIDEO INSIDE

Damn nice! Sounded like you where chirpin' 4th?!

I may have to get that H-pipe
Old 11-30-2005, 10:45 PM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Very nice video. I am contemplating whether to get mags or flows. I love the sound of the mags on my dads car with his x-pipe.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:37 PM
badloser
2nd Gear Member

sounds great I will have to check out that H pipe. I like how the stang chirps 4th gear...is that with a stock clutch?
Old 12-01-2005, 01:52 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: badloser

sounds great I will have to check out that H pipe. I like how the stang chirps 4th gear...is that with a stock clutch?
No I run our Spec clutch combo. It is a stage 2 with aluminum flywheel.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:28 PM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

Thats is a sweet video. I think it sounds great, I have the flows and I also would like to hear them with the x-pipe if you get the chance. Being able to compare the two would be awesome.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:09 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

BRENSPEED, are you having any idle or drivability problems with that aluminum flywheel, i.e. stalling easily or rough idle? I have a Fidanza 12 pound aluminum flywheel. I haven't had it installed yet, but I've read some comments on other boards of there being problems with the idle and some huck-a-buck when driving around town due to the loss of the inertial mass of the stock flywheel.

What's your take on it?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:08 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

BRENSPEED, are you having any idle or drivability problems with that aluminum flywheel, i.e. stalling easily or rough idle? I have a Fidanza 12 pound aluminum flywheel. I haven't had it installed yet, but I've read some comments on other boards of there being problems with the idle and some huck-a-buck when driving around town due to the loss of the inertial mass of the stock flywheel.

What's your take on it?
No I have not had serious issues but I do have some bucking with the 4.30 gears and aluminum flywheel. I did not notice it with the 3.90 gears or stock gears. Even steel flywheel cars sometimes get a little bucking with a 4.30 gear in 1st. I am sure it could be tuned out but it never bothered me enough to even consider playing with it.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:14 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, BRENSPEED. I will soon have a 12 lb. aluminum flywheel, 23 lb. dual friction clutch, 17 lb. 3.73:1 ring and pinion, and 16 - 20 lb. aluminum or carbon fiber driveshaft. Do you think I will be okay and have MINIMAL herky-jerky coming off the line around town?

You forgot to comment on your idle quality. Is it rougher or is it the same as stock? I won't be getting a tune right away so I need to get an idea of whether or not I'll be able to live with the consequences for the time being.

Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:54 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Sounds great. If you guys get a chance I would like to hear what an on road x-pipe with SLP loudmouth sounds like.

Quick Reply: FLOWMASTER & OFF ROAD H-PIPE VIDEO INSIDE