Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Some Mach Ownage for you guys! (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Default Some Mach Ownage for you guys! (Pics)

Well my old man and I got out the cars today for a little Red White and Blue photoshoot. The Blue mach 1 is my father's, the white 69 Mach 1 is our family muscle car that was completed last year, and as you know the TR is mine. We have hadthe 69for 6 years, fixing it up, repainting it, rebuilding the motor, etc as a father / son project. Its a 428 CJ Q Code (non ram air), with 100% original interior. We beefed up the motor with dual edelbrock 4b carbs, Shelby 2x4 intake, bore .030 over, Edelbrock performer RPM aluminum heads, Edelbrock water pump,hydrolic Comp cam, Forged Arias pistons,Forged crank,Hooker Lontubes,new dual exhaust with flowmasters, 9" rear with 31 spline axles, and 3.55s. All I know is the 69 outruns either new mach once it gets traction . Anyways enjoy!

Old 05-25-2007, 02:28 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Some Mach Ownage for you guys! (Pics)

Your red Mach is probably the best one I have ever seen. I am genuinely jealous! Great pics man.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:09 AM
St4ng07
4th Gear Member

Very cool pictures, something to proud of.....man I cant wait till I get my mach, I will have sooo many pics.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:54 AM
COMPMACH
3rd Gear Member

Awsome looking Mach's and damn nice pics.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:05 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

Unholy mother of mercy, Mach. Do you want a brother? Would your dad adopt me and my black Mach as one of the tribe?

I hate to say it and dis the old school, but your red one looks the best out of the three! Like I said before, perfect stance!

this, however, was the best pic.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:46 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

ORIGINAL: Machwon
We have hadthe 69for 6 years, fixing it up, repainting it, rebuilding the motor, etc as a father / son project. Its a 428 CJ Q Code (non ram air), with 100% original interior. We beefed up the motor with dual edelbrock 4b carbs, Shelby 2x4 intake, bore .030 over, Edelbrock performer RPM aluminum heads, Edelbrock water pump,hydrolic Comp cam, Forged Arias pistons,Forged crank,Hooker Lontubes,new dual exhaust with flowmasters, 9" rear with 31 spline axles, and 3.55s. All I know is the 69 outruns either new mach once it gets traction . Anyways enjoy!
What a cool father/son project. I will reiterate my desire to be adopted at this moment. BTW, how old is your pop? Just curious.

I am going to add on to my house in three years and build a full shop underneath the garage addition. When I do, I am going to do a full frame-off restomod of my SWB 66 Ford pickup with my son at my side. I can't wait and neither can he. He's under the car every time I'm changing the oil, always asks me what I'm doing when I'm turning wrenches, etc.

Did you guys have the engine dyno'd? I know a guy who has a 70 Mach with a 428 SCJ bored and stroked out to 470, and he found all told 181 HP on the dyno from the baseline pull. It's worth it if you haven't done it. Jets, timing, etc all need to be tweaked. He had a 780 with dual metering plates, and he actually ended up jetting the fronts up (68's) and the backs down (72's) to make max power and the power he gained, lost, then gained by tweaking the initial timing is unreal. I can only imagine the tunability of your dual 4's. Guarantee there's power to be found on the dyno if you guys haven't done it.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the comps guys! Also Groundpounder...i'd be kick *** to have a brother and add another mach to the stable...but I think your timing is about 22 years off [] lol. Also my dad will be 70 next year...and still racing and rodding [sm=icon_cheers.gif]..I just hope to be doing the same when i'm that age. As far as getting the 69 on a dyno....we would really Love to!- but the nearest dyno is about 5 hours away so we just havn't "ponied up" for it yet. Plus we live at 6,500ft, and the dyno is about 4k..so the jetting would have to be tweaked once we got home again anyways...what a pain lol. We have ran the 69 against the blue mach 1 many times, and the blue one was dyno tuned to 310 / 324 down in KS (Im sure its making closer to 260 here), and the 69 will just pull away on it after 2nd gear..so it is probably making mid 300s at this altitude. I'm guessing in a lower elevation like KS it would probably be around 400rwhp as it was neck and neck with my old Gold GT. I'm sure with some fine tuning and jetting it would fly.

That sounds like an awesome project for you and your kid! I know there was no greater bonding experience than working on the 69, and a couple other older cars growing up with my dad. Plus you learn SOOO much about cars in general that really helps you out down the road.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:35 PM
rampage575

Nice collection You need a black mach in there to complete the collection though
Old 05-25-2007, 08:22 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Nice Pics
Old 05-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Obituaries
2nd Gear Member

Im partial to the 69-70 big block fastbacks (hell even coupes look mean in those years) myself but. Those are three beautiful cars man, very cool.

Quick Reply: Some Mach Ownage for you guys! (Pics)