Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

New Some Input of New Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:06 AM
mach1envy
1st Gear Member

yesir...i love doing stereos! after i figure out what to do about the amp rack (seat) i'll post some more pics, but i'll probably b a couple of weeks, weather sucks!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:20 PM
0hOneGT
3rd Gear Member

i'd go with the shifter. Where'd you get mach 1 stickers for your calipers?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:29 PM
mach1envy
1st Gear Member

you can get them here....

http://www.stangdecals.com/
Old 03-26-2009, 08:40 PM
o2jayjay
1st Gear Member

what ever you do dont cut your springs. it will be the biggest mistake you will make with your car. i been their when i was 16. their other upgrades you need to get when buying coils overs too. if you have any questions on lowering your car let me know. ill let you know everything you need to know on lowering your car
Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 PM
o2jayjay
1st Gear Member

i was wondering if any one heard any reviews on the Comp Cams Ford 4.6/5.4 SOHC Xtreme Energy XE265H Cams? i have my engine fully disassembled over bad rings and a piston to an improper tune. so i am forging my pistons and rods and want to slap that cam on. then i am trying to figure out if i need any special tools to pull of the pulley on the 4th gen Eaton super charger. i am pretty sure its the m112, the same as the 03 and 04 cobras but i have to make sure. their is a big change in psi increase between the m90 and m112 when it comes to smaller pulleys. can any one help me out on the pulley and cam review? also i need references to go along please.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 PM
03MachMe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by o2jayjay
what ever you do dont cut your springs. it will be the biggest mistake you will make with your car. i been their when i was 16. their other upgrades you need to get when buying coils overs too. if you have any questions on lowering your car let me know. ill let you know everything you need to know on lowering your car
you either cut the wrong type of springs or did it wrong there is nothing wrong with cutting the stock mach springs i have done it to mine and 3 of my friends and all of our cars ride perfect w/o spending 200 bucks on springs what kind of car did you cut the springs on? and how did you do it.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:33 PM
o2jayjay
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03MachMe
you either cut the wrong type of springs or did it wrong there is nothing wrong with cutting the stock mach springs i have done it to mine and 3 of my friends and all of our cars ride perfect w/o spending 200 bucks on springs what kind of car did you cut the springs on? and how did you do it.
I did it on my 1st mustang when i was young. its was a 1998 v6 and i cut about 2 inches off the front and 2.5 on the back. not only did it ride rough my suspension kept bottoming out and i blew my struts. then my friend got lowering coils on his mach 1 that dropped it 1 inch all around and it throw the camber off. thus causing his front tires to wear out on the inside. i am talking about full tread on the out side and wires showing on the inside. he took it to get aligned several times and went threw about 2 sets of tires before getting the camber kit to set it straight. i also don't want anyone on here thinking you can just buy something and put it on without anything else going with the upgrade. there are some upgrades that can operate solo but a lot requires something else to go with it. i also have a guy sitting right here on the side on me that cut his springs on a 2002 mustang gt that had his struts blow.

here is how cutting your springs is bad. the springs ford put in your car are designed to take so much weight when compressed so far. your struts are also designed to co inside with those springs. by cutting your springs they need to compress further down to counter the weight of your car thus archiving your lowered look. but you have just taken away how ever many inches you lowered your car from your struts. your struts now have to take a lot of the weight your springs were carrying, now as your driving, the dips in the road that no one really sees or notice will make your struts bottom out thus giving you a nasty sound and a horrible ride making you regret the moment you ignored me. cutting your springs isn't a better idea then buying the shorter thicker springs and the shorter but stiffer and wider struts to go along with them. (not to mention the camber kit to set your tires flush on the ground).

so for who ever read my post and still decides to go ahead and cut their springs. after your done and rider your car down that road you thought was so smooth. just remember this "I told you so"
Old 03-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Adam99gt
1st Gear Member

First of all nice car and sweet stereo that took alot of skill. Second, of the list you had in the first post I would say to get the aluminum driveshaft it is lighter and it helps with traction.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 AM
mach1envy
1st Gear Member

Thanks Adam, I appreciate the help...all though I have to say that I may now be getting rid of my Mach I have found something that is a dream car to me and may be able to finally afford it, lol...if I do, I'll have a couple of things to part...
Old 03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Adam99gt
1st Gear Member

No problem, what car are you thinking of getting its got to be good for you to sell the mach? What parts might you be trying to get rid of?

Quick Reply: New Some Input of New Mods