Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Mach's gone, my new ride......

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Gears AND a stall are a must for these autos. You'll have to check what you'd be trapping with 4.30s in the 1/4 mile. It will be close to running out of rpms.

I have to disagree about autos being slower. In stock form, yes. Add gears, stall and shift kit, no. It will be interesting to see what you can do with your GT. You ran some good times with just bolts on when you had your Mach. I wouldn't expect anything less from your GT
We'll agree to disagree on the auto vs. manual argument...it's like discussing politics, lol. Don't know how much spending I can hide from the wife on this one. You can bet the gears, stall, and shift kit will be the 1st to do, even before any power mods. 4.30 gears will put me at 6k rpm at 102/103 mph according to this gear calculator ( http://www.paladinmicro.com/pmicro.p...InGearCalc.htm ). It's usually spot on. You sound more knowledgable on the auto front. What do you think?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:11 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

You'll be fine with 4.30s for a while. Once you start adding power and running low 13s, high 12s you'll more than likely need 27" tires.

Gears, stall and shift kit are a great place to start and like you said would be the first place I start to mod if I started again. I don't know how soon you're going to be purchasing but I HIGHLY suggest giving Alan a call over at Dirty Dog Performance. He's a great guy and has built quite a few of the stalls guys are running on the board here. I have his 10" 3800 stall and absolutely love it. Only thing I would do differently is I would get the billet front cover.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:28 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
You'll be fine with 4.30s for a while. Once you start adding power and running low 13s, high 12s you'll more than likely need 27" tires.

Gears, stall and shift kit are a great place to start and like you said would be the first place I start to mod if I started again. I don't know how soon you're going to be purchasing but I HIGHLY suggest giving Alan a call over at Dirty Dog Performance. He's a great guy and has built quite a few of the stalls guys are running on the board here. I have his 10" 3800 stall and absolutely love it. Only thing I would do differently is I would get the billet front cover.
Well I'm going 4.10s then, I plan on eventually running easy high 12s and faster from there. It was never enough in the Mach, I'm sure this car will be the same. I'll be sure to keep your guy in mind and I appreciate the good word. I know jack squat about stalls so i hope he has patience, lol. Thx man.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:40 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Alan at DD is actually a very good person to talk if you have questions. I have called him many times asking questions and he is more than happy to help.

His hours are a little weird but they work better for me.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Nice, congrats on the new purchase. Make this little guy a sleeper lol. No loud exhaust, lower it a tad but keep stock wheels.

Goodluck with the new "project". If it's anything like the Mach, I'm sure you will have great times.

I would just have a hard time going from a Mach you had and those times to an auto GT. I would have picked up a manual in the same package lol.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:55 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Nice, congrats on the new purchase. Make this little guy a sleeper lol. No loud exhaust, lower it a tad but keep stock wheels. Goodluck with the new "project". If it's anything like the Mach, I'm sure you will have great times. I would just have a hard time going from a Mach you had and those times to an auto GT. I would have picked up a manual in the same package lol.
Thx man. I'm pro-sleeper, kept the Mach factory looking. Will go with the basic proven bolt-on mods like the Mach. Yes, I'm gonna have a hard time going from a manual with 380ish hp to an auto with 270ish hp. Going from low 12s to low/mid 14s will suck at first. It's all relative. 12.9s bolt-ons n/a will be my goal with this one. Then I'll probably move on to another, lol.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
BKAT
2nd Gear Member

you sold the mach WTF?
Old 07-08-2011, 06:34 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKAT
you sold the mach WTF?
yeah, she wouldn't give me an 11 second pass so I just said screw this piece of crap. Just kidding man. Started out with the wife suggesting it but it just made financial sense. I got an awesome family deal on this near-mint GT so maybe I can parlay some good moves into another Mach in the near future. I'm gonna still keep it real with all my Mach section peeps like yourself ofcourse.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:42 PM
BKAT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygi23
yeah, she wouldn't give me an 11 second pass so I just said screw this piece of crap. Just kidding man. Started out with the wife suggesting it but it just made financial sense. I got an awesome family deal on this near-mint GT so maybe I can parlay some good moves into another Mach in the near future. I'm gonna still keep it real with all my Mach section peeps like yourself ofcourse.
I respect family comes first. I just know deep down you loved your mach. It's crossed my mind to get rid of it time to time, but I want to keep it forever. I'd like to have this car when I'm older, since I've had it basically since new, and have kept miles off her. I recently just hit 25,000. I'd love for you to by another mach someday, and meet up with you at some track or some ****.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:39 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKAT
I respect family comes first. I just know deep down you loved your mach. It's crossed my mind to get rid of it time to time, but I want to keep it forever. I'd like to have this car when I'm older, since I've had it basically since new, and have kept miles off her. I recently just hit 25,000. I'd love for you to by another mach someday, and meet up with you at some track or some ****.
25k mi.! Good job man. Yeah, it killed me to get rid of it. The buyer texted me 3 times on my way to his house. He was worried I'd changed my mind. I told him I could've sold her 10 times over but ignored craigslist replies (unbeknownst to the wife). I think Mach values will take a little hit next year seeing how banks won't finance 04s anymore so we'll see how soon one fits the budget. I miss her so much. If/when I get another, you bet were gonna meet up for a weekend trip.

Quick Reply: Mach's gone, my new ride......