Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

New, and need some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Bluz Mobile

Default New, and need some help

Hello All,
First off, while I am going to be posing some questions regarding my Marauder, let me say that I am the proud owner of a 2011 GT Mustang as well. While my Mustang is stock, the Maruader is not, hence some of my questions.

I just moved to Massachusetts, and went to register the Marauder. The MArauder had JBA long tube Headers, Vortech Supercharger MAF in line tuner, with a custom tune from Mo's Speedshop in Georgia. As you probably guessed, I got flagged with my Ga safe emissions tune and sent to the MAC center.

I had my tuner adjust the tune and it came back with
Heated Cat-Not Supported
EVAP-Not Ready
Secondary Air Injection Not Supported
AC Not Supported

Further more, he nailed me on the long tube headers saying because it removed the front Cats I had to take them off, and remove the MAFia in line tuner.

So that's where I am at. I have the OEM exhaust manifold and gaskets and I am going up to Coastal Customs in salisbury tomorrow to figure out what else I need to order.

My questions are this
1) has anyone had any work done by coastal customs? happy with there work?
2) is anyone running the MAFia in line, and if so how did you get it to pass?

I guess after I can get the front Cat's on and remove the headers , I can run up to Performance Dyno to get it tuned for Mass, can you think of anything else I might need to do to get past the **** inspection

Thanks in advance for helping a fellow Ford enthusiast out
Old 09-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I haven't heard of Coastal Customs myself, but maybe some of the North Shore guys here have?

As far as the MAFia goes, I don't see how the OBD-II scan would even detect it, and as long as the tune is proper (emissions "legal" and all required monitors set) I don't see why it wouldn't pass with a MAFia in place.

Of course now that the MAC center is aware of it, they may physically check for it again and give you a hard time even if it isn't technically a functional issue.