Members MustangsThis section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!
Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Just put in a SFI approved scattershield, 26 spline clutch disk and a Tremec TKO600 after i blew up my T5.. i'll post pictures soon but i love the way it feels. i threw a hurst t-handle on it and it is a blast to drive, still working on tuning and getting used to the Anderson PMS.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
hey for all of those who care enough to look, i cleaned up the engine bay a bit and got rid of whatever isn't needed anymore.. Put in a Moates Quarterhorse and i'm getting it dynotuned on the 28th here and excited to see some results, not expecting a lot but should be interesting. No EGR left on it at all, need to take it in for a detail badly.. anyway, here are some photos.
Hey for any of those who are still following, i was having some serious issues just getting my car to idle and run right. i had a bought a Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor and something within my program was screwed up. Not only that, but my MAF sensor seemed to be bad, C&L ones never seemed to work well so i bought a 80mm Pro-M MAF and it seemed to do the trick. so now i'm going to be able actually tune, take her to the strip and eventually throw her on a dyno. she'll be running good soon!
turns out the heads are warped and all screwed up. My buddy in kansas just cracked his block and is giving me his completely redone GT40P heads, with the headers for it and F303 camshaft that has about 2000 miles on it. I'm tearing the block out of it this saturday, and taking it to the shop i've been working at and i'm going to take my first attempt at rebuilding the block.. btw did i mention i put about 4 gallons of coolant into the oil pan? so i'm going through and replacing main, cam and rod bearings, as well as all new piston rings and freeze plugs. the block will be heat soaked and honed and i'll be decking it as well to get that flat surface. The heads have been rebuilt with dual springs, bronze valve guides, all new retainers, seats and seals and milled for flatness.. going to use MLS gaskets for the heads, and Fel-Pro gaskets all around for everything else. Needless to say i'm excited, and can't wait to through something in the motor that i can say i've built. I'll hopefully be posting pictures along the way, we'll see.
Its actually all got changed. I started doing some free work at a machine shop in exchange for experience/learning... the guy there gave me a whole bunch of parts that he isn't using anymore,
So here is whats happening.
The GT40 heads are getting completely re-worked and ported, lighter springs, roller rockers, everything.
The Cam is getting switched to this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-35-522-8/ .. that should be fun
the block is getting bored and honed .03" over, and is getting a set of SRP forged pistons.
The crank is already re-ground 10/20, ARP main studs and rod bolts, MLS gaskets, and all new oil system. should be a good time.. starting it all tomorrow.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware
corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford
Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor