Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

2005 GT progression *updated April 08*

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default 2005 GT progression *updated April 08*

Thought I'd go first since I finally figured out how to use Photobucket pics here!

here's one of the first photos of my 2005 Mustang GT, purchased in April 2005, totally stock:

After installing the side stripes, Pony Spinner wheel caps and the GT rear splash guards:

The rearview mirror covers are from Midwest and the shorty antenna was from eBay. I use the hood part of the Ford bra for my highway driving. It is safe to leave it on and it won't scratch or get stolen:

I added the foglight bezels (Mustang Tuning)to make the fogs really stand out:

Here's a photo of the interior before too much was added to it. The cupholder bezel, handbrake cover, volume **** cover and the EJECT button power plug cover (all from MGW LTD) are on:

In front of the Sanford Winery in Buellton, CA. The rear side windows and the rear window are tinted 35%:

I decided to remove the side stripes after one started peeling off a little. To make up for the subtraction of a mod I had to add something. The side louvers were from Wheelskin.com. They liked the photo so much they use it on their website! On their homepage, too: http://www.wheelskin.com/

The view out along with the new coathangers (MGW LTD):

Headlight covers from Lund (autopartsauthority.com) keep the stock plastic covers from getting scratched up:

Here are my exhaust tips from Ford and the classic Mustang license plate frame (Realtruck.com):

Replaced the huge mud guards with the GT500's splash guards. They're $12 at the Ford Parts counter:

I added the AVS black taillight bezels (V6Mustangstuff.com):

Wheelskin sent me this Silverhorse Racing Honeycomb Taillight panel cover:

From a ranch near Los Alamos:

The engine wasn't totally ignored. I am keeping the internals stock after they had to replace the whole engine at 3500 miles. I added the custom plenum cover from Midwest, K&N drop in air filter:

Here's a better view of the emblem, from Mustangtuning.com, on the plenum cover:

I wanted a locking fuel door so I got the flat black one from AMI (Mossmotors):

Don't forget the small details! I had to get locking valve stem covers after the non-locking Mustang ones were stolen:

GT500 pedal covers (mossmotors.com) were added:

The addition of the sill plate accent strips ( Moss Motors) should be standard! The same goes for the black lettering (Mustang Tuning). These were just inserts.

My neighbor picked up a V-6 mustang for his wife. It was cool to come down and see it next to mine:

After going a long time without any mods I scratched up 2 wheels and decided to get new, takeoff wheels and tires and have Galpin Auto Sports paint them black. I also had them install the Eibach Pro-Kit to lower it about 1 1/2 inches:

Here's the difference in ride height. Stock:

Lowered with stock 17" Ford Bullitts:

I ordered the Silver Tinsel welt from Mr. Mikes. I had originally ordered the "Yellow" but it didn't match Screaming Yellow. They now have changed the name to "Dark Yellow"

http://mrmikes.com/yellowweltexample.htm

and included a photo of my GT on their website to show the welts are an orange color. It takes less than 10 minutes to install both sides:

I added a blackout vinyl strip below the bumper from Rocky Mountain Graphics. There's a little tab that protrudes a few mm down in the middle that is body colored & has to be painted black. Used touch up paint:

Here's what I'd like to do next. Get the louvers and rear wing painted black to match the wheels and maybe tint the turn signal covers:

So I'm halfway there. To celebrate the 3rd birthday of my Mustang I ordered a take-off, stock, black rear spoiler from Wheelskin.com. I also took off their louvers and will replace them with new, black ones after I get the car washed. It might be weird seeing my GT on their website with the yellow louvers, but I got tired of all that yellow.

notice how Screaming Yellow looks different under fluorescent light

Debating on adding Boss-style stripes. Feel free to post any photochops that show a match with the yellow/ black look.
Attached Thumbnails  2005 GT progression *updated April 08*-1648w.jpg  

Last edited by Orion_240; 10-22-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default RE: 2005 GT progression

nice shots!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:55 PM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

Where did you get your GT500 brake and gas pedal? I really like them. Your car looks
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casper
Old 01-23-2008, 12:00 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

I actually really like how the car looks in the last picture! I usually like the louvers to stay the color of the car, but with that combo it really works well.

Nice pictures, what kinda camera do you use?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:06 AM
darcnytemare
2nd Gear Member

nice stang bro...like the little details you did. small things always make it more appealing. those eibachs really dropped the front substantially.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:20 AM
ky
America ftw

nice progress. looks sick. but the 17" wheels look kinda small.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: casperorr

Where did you get your GT500 brake and gas pedal? I really like them. Your car looks
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casper
The GT500 pedals were $64.95 from Moss Motors
Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

I actually really like how the car looks in the last picture! I usually like the louvers to stay the color of the car, but with that combo it really works well.

Nice pictures, what kinda camera do you use?
I use an old Nikon Coolpix 995 for the wide angle shots. It's really slow to start up and I can't use the built-in flash with the wide angle lens. But when I hit Adjust Levels (when in Photoshop) almost nothing changes! The colors and contrast are much more accurate than any other non-SLR digital I've tried.
My pocket camera is the Fujifilm F10 and I hope to replace that one soon with something with a higher power zoom. When zoomed in all the way (3x) it is like 1-1 in that camera.

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions all!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
demon_head
4th Gear Member

very nice progression there, it's cool how you kept up with every change. Looks great!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Vegasfilter
3rd Gear Member

where did you get the tail light black bezel...ive asked about a million times and no one ever answers me!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2005 GT progression *updated April 08*