Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

I feel sick to the pit of my stomach - what have I done?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:45 PM
antonio1988
4th Gear Member

this story almost made me cry... my mustang in the sig is my first car ever, so I can relate to what you say about it being so hard to turn the other cheek and drive off in a new car, it happened to me with the c6 Corvette and the 05 STI, and I pulled the plug on the deal last minute both times. I'm glad to see that you stuck with your car, regardless of how hard it is to turn down a termi in good shape.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:57 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

So you returned the Termi but say your still in the market for another Termi? Was the rag top the deal breaker for you returning it?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

I'm glad you kept it man, I remember watching you mod your car on here over the years, and I love it.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

Best treat your car to something nice.

I'm sure it knows what you were about to do.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:02 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by tolbert67
It will pass. Trust your instincts. You did the right thing ....Time will prove that.
Marcus.....I was just going to write the same thing until I read the rest of your thread. How is life going for ya man and I have not seen you since I test drove your car on Woodward Dream Cruise and I must say if you sell the car I would have been disappointed in your decision as that car is one of the best handling stangs I have driven and the whipple was and is just what I wanted and your car convinced me of that......glad your stress free at the moment and the termi though nice would have been a downgrade in my book at this point. I know the potential the car has but the memories tied to the S197 cant be dismissed as your wife reminded you of in your original posts.

Glad to see you on the forum and r u going to the dream cruise this yr? the 15th of Aug is fast approaching and the cruise pretty much goes from pontiac to flint and every city in between.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:08 PM
StangMan5.0
1st Gear Member

I'd say good call. Plus a Terminator coupe is always better than the vert imo.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:04 PM
stangcrazy1965

Your gt is beautiful! The undercarriage is immaculate. Unbelievable how clean that car is. That term definitely didn't look like that underneath. The body style of yours is so much better also. Glad to see that you changed your mind. I can't believe that they wanted $35k for the term though. It probably didn't sell for that much new.

Billy
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
So you returned the Termi but say your still in the market for another Termi? Was the rag top the deal breaker for you returning it?
Essentially yes, that's pretty much it. They are nice an' all but really I want the coupe. Thing is here in Ontario they don't come along very often so I kinda tripped when I saw it. You know how it is.........
Old 08-05-2009, 09:15 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
S197 cant be dismissed as your wife reminded you of in your original posts.

Glad to see you on the forum and r u going to the dream cruise this yr? the 15th of Aug is fast approaching and the cruise pretty much goes from pontiac to flint and every city in between.
I'll be there Jason. It's my third year in Canada and it'll be my third Woodward. It's gonna be my "must do" every year.
Myself and my son are riding over on the Friday and staying until Sunday...
Old 08-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Zexford
1st Gear Member

After owning my 05, I dont think I can go back to an older car.

Quick Reply: I feel sick to the pit of my stomach - what have I done?