Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Michigan ROADS SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 02:38 PM
UmX
3rd Gear Member

Default Michigan ROADS SUCK

I am so sick of these roads...... lets pound 50 bags of salts on 1 square mile of road so when we plow it it comes apart..........
was driving to bestbuy this morning. to pick up some my second monitor over in westland.. ... And wat was a chunk of snow i didnt see a 6inch wide 6 inch long and prob 5 inch depth peice of concrete.. well i knew it was there after it hit my left header. at the connect point of the H pipe.. and i prob hit it at like 35 to so pissed. i cant see under there right now but im sure it ****ing dented something.. these roads are just so aggrovating.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Michigan ROADS SUCK

where did you buy the computer parts from? Canton Computer?
Old 03-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

Sucks to hear about your car by the way... I did notice you said best buy for the second monitor, just curious about the rest of it.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:31 PM
UmX
3rd Gear Member

i actually bought most of the parts from newegg and microcenter on 14mile and 75 and then put it together..
here is a list wat im using.i was running sli on 2 8800gtx's but you cant run sli with 2 monitors so i took one out time to get a 9800gx2 T_T

MotherBoard: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 680i SLI
VideoCard:Evga 8800GTX 768mb - 576core/900mem
Harddrives: Western Digital Dual 150gig Raptor X's - Raid 0
PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower 650w
Processor:Zalmon 9500 - Intel Quad Core Q6600 - 3.6 ghz 1600 FSB 1.41 volts
Memory:Corsair XMS PC-6400 2gig 4-4-4-12 2T 800mhz
DvD Burner:Lite on Sata 20x Dvd Muti Layer Burner
Fan Controller:Vantec Nexus 4 Fan controller
Monitor: 2x 22" Viewsonic Lcd Monitor 2235
Fan's: Bunch of them 80's and 120's That glow blue
Case: Sunbeam Transformer
Old 03-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

That's cool. I was curious cause I'm the general manager at the Redford location of "Canton Computers"... Soon to be gm at all 3 locations (that's the talk).
Old 03-22-2008, 07:51 PM
UmX
3rd Gear Member

Oh very nice.. Wish you the best of luck.. Yea i actually applied at he canton store a few months back..
I went to the canton one a few times.. But they just couldnt compete with some of those prices, as a wholeseller or a big box pusher
Old 03-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UmX

Oh very nice.. Wish you the best of luck.. Yea i actually applied at he canton store a few months back..
I went to the canton one a few times.. But they just couldnt compete with some of those prices, as a wholeseller or a big box pusher
Thanks,
They should still have your resume on record. If you want, pm me your name and I'll take a look. Right now were ok as far as staffing, we MAY hire another person at the Redford location, but I'm not sure right now...

To be honest, if you search enough, you can always find something cheaper. Micro center has good prices, but their in bfe, and their returns aren't the greatest. Shopping online is always good for pricing, however; you don't get the product right away, and if you have a problem, you have to pay to ship the items back. I can't say were always going to be the cheapest, but service wise, were great. My quote to customers is always: You can go anywhere to buy computer parts, but it's the service and knowledge you get with our product that sets us apart. Which is true.

If you ever need us to price match, send me an e-mail and if I can do it, I will. Dave@buydci.com (Soon to be Saba@cantoncomputers.com)

Again, I can't always price match, I can try... but I can say, I'm alwaysgreatwith returns, and RMA's.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:16 PM
UmX
3rd Gear Member

sound great.,, ya i dont like microcenters return ,, its horrible.. i bought my q6600 there im like if i have a problem can i come exchange.. well its hard to prove it doa out the box im like are u serious.. way to stand behind what you sell..
Old 03-22-2008, 08:22 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

They are no better here this year either (Iowa). By far the worst I have ever seen them. The interstate here is horrible, there are pot holes wider than your tire running all the way down the center and on both sides of the lanes as well. You have to dodge them every time you change lanes, or you risk being thrown in the median like some woman was a couple weeks ago lol. It sucks!
Old 03-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UmX

sound great.,, ya i dont like microcenters return ,, its horrible.. i bought my q6600 there im like if i have a problem can i come exchange.. well its hard to prove it doa out the box im like are u serious.. way to stand behind what you sell..
ya, they aren't that great. were great. if you had a problem, we would exchange or return within 7 days (which isn't set in stone. usually if it's within 30 days we'll do it). if it's bad within 1 year, if we still carry the product, you get a replacement on the spot. If we don't, we can either send it out for you, or upgrade you for a price.

You get what you pay for... Again, we might not be the cheapest, but overall i think were great. Send me an e-mail next time you need something. I'll see what I can do for ya.

Quick Reply: Michigan ROADS SUCK