Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

LAPEER 6/6/09

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 11:57 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Default LAPEER 6/6/09

OK, listen up all of you unemployed Michigan guys. Doesn't seem that we have had a Lapeer Dragway Meet in a while. How about Saturday June 6th?

I expect the usual suspects will chime in here.

Wingman

JimC

DownriverT (where in the hell have you been)?

2005mach1

droptop6

Also would like to see doctorj77,mrtstang,morbidintentions,mygt500,ride of the month,99gtvert and 07calispecial out there. Sorry if I missed anyone.

So chime in.

Do it now!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:29 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

"""CHIME"""CHIME"""CHIME"""
Old 05-12-2009, 04:14 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I've never been there, and would like to go, but i hear so many bad things about this track.

What's everyone's opinion of Lapeer?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:34 PM
UmX
3rd Gear Member

i never been there but i hear its gaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaage.. last i heard there were bumps and holes in the track
Old 05-12-2009, 04:43 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I think of it as rustic. The toilet is better than a Porta-John and dirt parking has never been muddy when I was there (the track is paved though). There are no timing lights... they announce your times over the loudspeaker (if you can hear it over the noise)... but there is a christmas tree.

Despite these negatives you get to run your car as often as you dare. I ran mine 12 times one day last year. Its not close but its the closest track to my house.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:50 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
I think of it as rustic. The toilet is better than a Porta-John and dirt parking has never been muddy when I was there (the track is paved though). There are no timing lights... they announce your times over the loudspeaker (if you can hear it over the noise)... but there is a christmas tree.

Despite these negatives you get to run your car as often as you dare. I ran mine 12 times one day last year. Its not close but its the closest track to my house.

Are the clocks accurate? Do they at least give you the slips?

I had some issues with Milan recently, and not real comfortable going back. Plus it's usually busy as hell there.

So you're saying it's usually easy to get many runs there?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:35 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Well as Jack said you could call it rustic. If you are looking for personal best than this is not the place for you. I believe Jack ran a 13.1 out there but his car is probably capable of high 12's.

I don't know if the clocks are accurate - I highly doubt the NHRA has been out there lately.

It is a nice laid back place though to hang out and get some runs. I just want to hang out and see some of your cars. My lease is up on mine in about 6 months and I will be crossing to the dark side. A nice family vehicle...

Dodge Charger SRT8
Old 05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 7STANG
Well as Jack said you could call it rustic. If you are looking for personal best than this is not the place for you. I believe Jack ran a 13.1 out there but his car is probably capable of high 12's.

I don't know if the clocks are accurate - I highly doubt the NHRA has been out there lately.

It is a nice laid back place though to hang out and get some runs. I just want to hang out and see some of your cars. My lease is up on mine in about 6 months and I will be crossing to the dark side. A nice family vehicle...

Dodge Charger SRT8

Seriously... an SRT8 Charger? Don't (or can't) want to keep the Stang? Don't get me wrong it's an awesome car, but wouldn't be fun to mod the Mustang?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:59 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Seriously... an SRT8 Charger? Don't (or can't) want to keep the Stang? Don't get me wrong it's an awesome car, but wouldn't be fun to mod the Mustang?
Ha, yeah, I have a history of getting bored with cars. I would love to mod the Mustang but my wife has a hard letting me spend money a car once I get it.

The Charger is kind of a unique car to me as I do not see many SRT8's on the road. Of course this is money and job willing so i guess we will see. I can get an 07 SRT8 with under 30k miles for close to 20 grand. If money is to tight I will keep this car or look at a termie. And if I am jobless there is always a Pinto.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:06 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

I'm not sure I would go back to Lapeer this year unless Milan keeps raising their TNT price. I'd much rather go to Milan or try US131.

Quick Reply: LAPEER 6/6/09