Please help, need advice - MustangForums.com

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Motor Swap Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Please help, need advice

Old 04-28-2015, 12:13 AM   #1
WarriorMustang

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang
Default Please help, need advice

I'm pretty much a novice to cars so I'm looking for help. I have a warrior edition mustang I bought serving in the military and I'm looking to do an engine swap. I was looking at 5.8L builds but over all I'm trying to reach 600 hp before the end of the summer. Money isn't a issue.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
WarriorMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:14 AM   #2
WarriorMustang

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang

My mustang
Click the image to open in full size.

WarriorMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang
Bowman2071 Bowman2071

First, beautiful car. I love the black on black look.

Second, why go through the trouble of swapping an engine? The coyote is a pretty strong motor. Why not throw on a supercharger and call it a day. You can buy THIS and push past your 600hp mark. It'll be faster, cheaper, and easier to go F/I. Especially if you are a novice at working on vehicles.
2007 Satin Silver 4.0L V6 Auto SMR #2143
BBK CAI / SCT X3 w/Bama 93R tune / True Dual / X-pipe / Borla Touring Cat-back / Cervini 2 1/2" Cowl hood
GT Style grille w/Fogs / 8" Antenna / Pioneer AVH-P3300BT / 8.8" Rear / 3.73 / J&M Steel PHB / Nitto NT555's
18" Staggered Machined GT500 Wheels / FRPP N-Springs / Tokico D-Specs / J&M Plates / BBK LCA

Personal Best: 2.112 60' / 14.949 @ 85.31mph
2007StangV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:10 PM   #4
kirk35
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with 2007StangV6, bolt on a blower and call it a day! If that isn't enough you can always add headers and a set of Comp cams along with a true dyno tune.

Black 2014 Mustang GT Premium, A6, Flowmaster Outlaw Axleback

Sold- Sterling Gray 2013 Mustang GT, 6 speed, Steeda CAI, Flowmaster Outlaw Axleback

Sold- 2004 Phantom Black A4 GTO Mods- Dynatech LT's, Vinci 099 cam 232*/240* .551"/.551" 117 lsa, Comp Rockers, Patriot ported 243's, DSS One-Piece DS, 4L60E built at home, 3K stall, Edelbrock Victor Jr. Intake, Edelbrock 90mm TB, Procharger P1SC @ 9psi, tuned at home with HP Tuners.
kirk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang

I agree with both, the Coyote does make 600hp reliably with some type of Forced Induction. I would go with a TVS from VMP, but the Rousch unit is the same thing only different.
Is it a GT? Just asking because I don't see any 5.0 badges or hood vents. If it is then the TVS will work great, but if it is a V6 then either a lot of internal work or an engine swap will be necessary to make 600rwhp.
If money really isn't an option I would go with an aluminator swap and then add a huge blower... you will make over 600rwhp really easy and then you also have room to upgrade in the future.
The 5.8 engine in the shelby's is great, but I think you will do just as good, if not better, with a properly built 5.0.

Good luck and most of all have fun!
ticopowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:21 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement