Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

05' MUSTANG GT - My opinon has changed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Kellarina

Default 05' MUSTANG GT - My opinon has changed.

This is going to be a long post, I just know it. [sm=lol.gif] Well I had my heart set on a 2004 because from the concept and new the pictures of the 2005...I hated it with a passion. I was in shock. I hated the interior, the front lights and the rear. The rear seemed as if the *** was sticking up and out and the lights appauled me. The only perk was the 300 hp compared to the 260 hp. Still, there was no way I was going to get one. So I was determined on getting a 2004. So last Sunday I went to the Cleveland Auto Show and in the begining of being there I saw two 04 Roush's. A black one and an orange one, very very nice. I looked at the whole place and way in the back was the Ford display. I ran over and saw three Mustangs on the floor..A V6, GT, and an orange Mach 1...Which I sat in for a few minutes cause I was drooling. Then I got out and looked up and I saw the new 05 Mustang GT on the turning display. I ran over and stared for like 10 minutes in awe. It was beautiful. Pictures don't even do it justice. It was Silver with two pale silver racing strips. Dark charcoal interior. I went and gatherered up my fiance and my friend and showed them. And they were amazed. Maybe it was the combination the lighting, all the walking that I did, and that I was dying of thrist...But I fell in love. I talked to a couple of Ford representives and listened to the "presentation." Correct me if I misquote. They told me that the new Mustang will be priced around 26,000-30,000 MSRP. 300 hp in the GT. The designer decided not to go with the stripes on the car...I asked about that cause I liked them. I heard something about you being able to choose from over "XXX" (I forget the exact number) color schemes for the inside display on the dash. Did anyone else hear about that at the shows? I thought that was cool. And the new 05' has more legroom and the car is just overall bigger. Longer wheel base and better handling. And the engine is about 75 pounds lighter because it'll be made out of aluminum. And that they'll be coming out in September/October and you wil be able to order your's on May 17th. Anyway...My mind was changed that insant. I'm getting one. I think I had my time getting used to it in pictures and still wasn't impressed but when I saw it in person. I was amazed.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:47 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 05' MUSTANG GT - My opinon has changed.

That's cool...glad you liked it. I do! All your info is exactly what I read about the '05. Good job!
Old 03-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Kellarina

Thanks. I tried my best to be accurate, I was so enamored at the time I wasn't sure if I was hearing it right. I took some pictures too. A couple of the Roush Mustangs and some of the 05'...Including one of the engine. Sometime this week, I'll try to get the chance to scan them and stick them up on here.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:39 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Cool, like to see them...
Old 03-09-2004, 04:46 PM
joeblow5_0

Default These will chage your opinion...

Here is a pic I got comparing the concept to the production '05. The proportions are very close considering the concept was not road-worthy.[8D]

Go to the following site for high res pics: http://www.cdw27.org/stang/

These are very large sized pictures (3000 x 2400 pixels). They are from a Ford press kit. Enjoy!![sm=lol.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5649/Xv642056257.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-12-2004, 01:31 AM
five0
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: These will chage your opinion...

honestly i think they are kinda ubly IMO. don't get me wrong I am a Mustang fan but i would take a fox body any day of the week
Old 04-15-2004, 01:12 AM
SA_Cobra
1st Gear Member

i think they are awesome, you drop it like 1.5 to 2 inches in the front, put some nice thick 10.5 tires, 18 inch rims. Drop a blower put some stripes and you have a bad *** car, i simply luv the new design i would pic it over any other stang
Old 04-20-2004, 11:59 PM
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

its not that bad, its actually pretty, all cars are going towards that european look now, even the new C6 vette has a little foreign look to it, i don't like the mustang front end from the side so i hope it looks better and MEANER from teh front!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:36 PM
mr.marion

Hey, do any of you guys drive any SVOs or Turbo cpupe Thunderbirds? I just got ahold of a 93' LX convertible and I'm trying to decide whether to go with the V8 or to go with an SVO/Turbo coupe setup. I could really care less how loud my car is. I am thinking about practicality and everyday drivability. However, if I can't find any parts for a turbo four stang, then I'm gonna have to go with a V8. If any of you guys happen to know any good places in TX to get SVO components, then please let me know.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:41 PM
ricekiller2003
3rd Gear Member

I hated the mustang pictures...

But at the Columbus Auto Show, my mouth literally dropped when I saw that smoke grey GT with light racing stripes on it. Gawd, it was beautiful! It's so impressive, I'm selling my 03 GT convertible come september. The 04 F150 looks very similar to the design and construction of the 05 Mustang. My friend with his 04 F150 (nice truck by the way), hasn't had any problems with it...alot of people were telling me new cars have all these problems. I remembered as many specs as I could...

September, GT model
$24k-$29k

February, Convertible (GT) model
$26k-$31k

I can't remember how many color changing options there were. But basically, you can play with 3 hues of color for about 128-160? different colors.

The 6 in-dash player will play MP3's!!! On the Mach 460 sound (which I think will now be Mach 500 now).

The Mach 1000 sound has 2-10' subs instead of one.

300 hp, 200 lbs lighter due to more use of aluminum. The center of gravity will be 1 inch lower. I think it's 1-1.5" wider. It has a much more solid frame than the previous models. I asked the guy what he thinks it'll run at the track, he wasn't sure but said high 13's (his guess).

Yeah, I'm going to list mine on autotrader fall semester and get myself in one of those...I'll be going from a convertible to a hardtop, but it's ok. Hope I helped you out.

Quick Reply: 05' MUSTANG GT - My opinon has changed.