Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

New retro stuff getting old...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 11:06 PM
bossman351
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New retro stuff getting old...?

Me personally, I like the new Mustangs. I do agree that it is being done very often, but look what happened in the 70s with the Mustang 2. That was an attempt at something totaly new and it was a flop. Im not saying that ALL new designs will suck, but why change something that people love and will buy??? You have to look at it from Fords point of view. Plus, Im sure that they did alot of marketing research before they went with it and if people didnt like it they wouldnt go through with it.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:34 PM
MelloYello
4th Gear Member

It would be awsome for Ford to make a new muscle V8... But then again Ford has signed something to start putting like 4 billion dollars into the SVT editions.... If they make another muscle it might take away from the stang and lightning and they sell them like crazy.. I think Ford might lose money in the areas where the most money comes in from if they start making any new V8's....

But you never know what the future holds......
Old 04-24-2004, 11:35 PM
MelloYello
4th Gear Member

It would be awsome for Ford to make a new muscle V8... But then again Ford has signed something to start putting like 4 billion dollars into the SVT editions.... If they make another muscle it might take away from the stang and lightning and they sell them like crazy.. I think Ford might lose money in the areas where the most money comes in from if they start making any new V8's....

But you never know what the future holds......
Old 04-26-2004, 09:32 PM
mr.marion

Hey, do any of you guys drive any SVOs or Turbo cpupe Thunderbirds? I just got ahold of a 93' LX convertible and I'm trying to decide whether to go with the V8 or to go with an SVO/Turbo coupe setup. I could really care less how loud my car is. I am thinking about practicality and everyday drivability. However, if I can't find any parts for a turbo four stang, then I'm gonna have to go with a V8. If any of you guys happen to know any good places in TX to get SVO components, then please let me know.