Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

C7 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:48 PM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: C7 Corvette

It will be a dark day when they stop making V8s. There is a lot of oil in the frozen and barren Alaska wilderness that is just sitting there and waiting to be drilled but these enviro-nuts would rather force ethanol on us and they don't care how much the price of food or corn rises.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:51 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

There is also a lot of oil in the Dakotas... they are saying possibly enough to make Alaskas supply look like a puddle...
Old 05-12-2008, 02:56 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

yeah, let's just start drilling for oil everywhere!

As long as you get cheap gas who cares if our graves will all be under water in a hundred years!

Me? I'd rather have less smog. My lungs and eyes don't care for it as much as yours!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

Not saying a HiPo 6er is bad, but I don't want it to be all that's avaliable.
Quite frankly none of us have real idea of what is going to happen. The world was supposed to end with the cold war. Nothing Happened. It was supposed to end in the year 1000 and in the year 2000. Nothing Happened. We were all supposed to be screwed when oil hit $100. Nothing happened.
The news blows things out of proportion. You have to admit at least one person in your family fell for the Y2K thing. I did, of course I was 10 at the time.

Anyway back on topic, somewhat.The leader of OPECbelieves "there reallyisn't a shortage of oil in the market." Hahaha[sm=icon_rofl.gif].... liar.Youguys want cheap gas? Go to Venezeula. It's $0.03 a L there right now.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Silky_Johnston
2nd Gear Member

we need cheap gasoline today and for the foreseeable future. We should start converting our coal to gasoline. We should drill in Alaska (that alone would create 500k high paying jobs which Alaskans are screaming for), go nuclear (France generates almost 70% of its electricity from nukes) and start drilling off shore.

While doing this we need to find the sources of energy that will replace gas. Anyone who objects to this is full of SH*T. Spew all the crap about "Green Jobs", "renewable energy"...it's all bullSh*T!!! Even if we had a new source of energy available right now, there is now way to distribute it to the nation and store it. Those networks still need to be built.

Environmentalist assH*les don't care. They have trust funds to live off of OR they are the nutcases you see doing 34mph on the highway in their 84 diesel rabbit.

I'm so sick of every jack *** talking about "solar, wind, Jerry Garcia ashes man..."
Morons.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:36 PM
NaplesFL11GT
3rd Gear Member

I agree with you 100% Silky Johnson. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 05-13-2008, 05:40 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silky_Johnston

we need cheap gasoline today and for the foreseeable future. We should start converting our coal to gasoline. We should drill in Alaska (that alone would create 500k high paying jobs which Alaskans are screaming for), go nuclear (France generates almost 70% of its electricity from nukes) and start drilling off shore.

While doing this we need to find the sources of energy that will replace gas. Anyone who objects to this is full of SH*T. Spew all the crap about "Green Jobs", "renewable energy"...it's all bullSh*T!!! Even if we had a new source of energy available right now, there is now way to distribute it to the nation and store it. Those networks still need to be built.

Environmentalist assH*les don't care. They have trust funds to live off of OR they are the nutcases you see doing 34mph on the highway in their 84 diesel rabbit.

I'm so sick of every jack *** talking about "solar, wind, Jerry Garcia ashes man..."
Morons.

QFT... +1000000

You forgot the part about all the enviromentalist nutcase bumper stickers they put on their old junkers!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:27 PM
94rt10ohio

ORIGINAL: Elwood

Oh goody It's turning into the late 70's all over again. Bye bye V8's [>:]
Dark times. Even the V8s that were around fell under 200HP.

Does anyone have a link to this C7 4.7 nonsense? Want to see what kind of numbers it will produce.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:42 PM
fordfan1964

ok, lets settle this now.

If you want to save money on gas and you want to be good for the environment, dont buy a mustang. go down to the honda dealership and buy a four door civic with the minimum add ons, dont throw big rims on it or a big *** stereo in the trunk and give it regular maintenance.

Why did we all buy theses mustangs?

Cause we enjoy 1) the nastolgia of muscle cars
2)Its f**king fun to drive even as a daily driver tearing it up at 5 miles an hour on 80 east into the city and rippin through those gears at the toll plaza for the bay bridge
3) its f**king fun to drive
4) its f**king fun to drive

get the point. I sirs,and maams, will continue to buy my 91 octane gasonline at whatever it costs.Whoohoo to the pro-hobbiests

by the way I'm getting 22 in bumper to bumper traffic and 27 on the highway and 20 on city streets.

2007 vista blue gt, airaid cai, diablo sport predator airaid 91 octane tune, pypes offroad x, borla axelback, granatelli a-arm support
Old 05-15-2008, 03:24 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Lol @ this whole thread. I love mindless speculation, on all topics...

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette