Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I am sick of this.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Shibby9505
2nd Gear Member

Default I am sick of this.

Ever since the unveling of the 2010 Mustang, I am sick of every single S197 owner bitching and moaning about how they hate it and how it lacks power and just being so damn negative in general. There is seriously a new thread started by another S197 owner about the same topic every fifteen minutes. Honestly, I think that the S197 owners that keep complaining are now just jealous that they don't have the newest or the fastest model anymore. To those people, I say sh*t happens. Deal with it.

I just had to get that out of my system.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Guess what?
No one cares what you are sick of.

If the S197 people are dissapointed and complaining about the new model...
why would they do so because they are jealous?

If they did not want the new car to be better as you are suggesting...
then they would be happy at the results and say haha its ugly... instead of being
angry about it not being what they wanted from Ford.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Angry

+100000000

I'm just tired of a bunch of people ruining what should be a great topic.....celebrating the new Mustang. Instead we have a bunch of owners raging on the car as if this was 2010camaro.com. I mean seriously, I'm a Mustang homer and I kind of expect a little of the same on this site. I just can't believe people could hate the car so much. My friend is a Chevy guy and will be buying the new Camaro next year and him and his buddies think it looks good. I go to neutral enthusiasts sites like autoblog, jalopnik and leftlanenews and people seems to like the car. The place that seems to dislike it the most is right here.....weird huh

It is jealousy
, stock for stock a '05/'09 S197 will be slower, not handle as well, not brake as well(track pack brake upgrade), have way less interior features, will not have color and wheel choices available and will lack the quality of material used on the new car(soft to touch dash, actual aluminum dash face, painted mirrors, leather door inserts, etc.). Not to mention 05/09 resale is going to now take a sh*t.

It's happened before....

- Four eyed fox owners hated when the new Aero cars came out in 1987, it looked to much like a Taures.

- Fox owners hated the SN-95 when it came out, saying it was to fat and heavy.

- SN-95 owners thought Ford's "New Edge" design ruined the car, sounds familiar.

- "New Edge" owners hated the s197 because it was to heavy, not much faster and too retro.

So far I have ONLY read a post from ONE non-S197 owner that didn't like the new car, yet I have read hundreds of post on this site about how Ford ruined the new car. Weird.

Last edited by 83gtragtop; 11-19-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

what I'm sick of is people on this site lumping s197 owners together and lbling them (us) as ignorant...

but yeah, this is annoying too
Old 11-19-2008, 03:01 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by Joolander
what I'm sick of is people on this site lumping s197 owners together and lbling them (us) as ignorant...

haha....that is what i was thinking too
Old 11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

i like the new car, it has its flaws obviously, but what doesn't? the interior is 10x better... i'm jealous of that for sure.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:08 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I agree its annoying... I like some things on the new model and hate others.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:09 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joolander

Originally Posted by howarmat
haha....that is what i was thinking too
I know that plenty of S197 owners love the car and never said that ALL S197 owners don't like it. It just seems like only S197 owners don't like it. I could make a Venn Diagram but whatever. I also don't think S197 owners are ignorant, just that many are jealous.

So please S197 owners I'm not picking on all of you, sorry if it sounds that way.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

actually, i was referring to the OP, not you
Old 11-19-2008, 03:12 PM
zektor

I don't understand half of the moaning either. I've got an S197 myself, and I reckon it looks pretty good. And I think the 2010 model looks just as good, if not better.

I've spent some time on the computer adding Shelby Razor wheels (and lowering) to one of the released pics, and have made the car black. I've got to say, looking like this... it looks fantastic...

Cheers
Dazza

Quick Reply: I am sick of this.