Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

We could get spanked by a Taurus.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 03:55 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

the SHO is badass. I know that one day when I am married and have kids I will have a mustang for my fun car, a SHO for the dd, and an F-150 for hauling stuff. this is the performance car for the guy who is married and has kids
Old 03-13-2009, 07:04 AM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
^^Not me!!!!!

Matthew
lol why not those were both very nice taurus'
Old 03-13-2009, 10:47 AM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

All I know is I love seeing the look on a persons face when their v6 mustang loses to my ugly taurus
Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 AM
joeymustang
2nd Gear Member

i dont understand the problem here....taurus vs. mustang?!?!?!?! who cares????? what you are seeing is a car directly hitting a target market that is owned by imports (BMW 3-series, MB C-class, Lexus IS, Infinity G-series, etc.) and Ford had nothing to work with (the 500 lol please what a joke)

I do hope (and knowing Ford it probably will) that some type of modification for the Lincoln brand will come and be badged as the LS...
Old 03-13-2009, 12:51 PM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mn_mustang
All I know is I love seeing the look on a persons face when their v6 mustang loses to my ugly taurus
have you actually raced any mustangs?? I'm not trying to be funny I really want to know.

lets see a taurus do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7Fu...aynext_from=PL

Last edited by dhollie86; 03-13-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: ..
Old 03-13-2009, 04:03 PM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dhollie86
have you actually raced any mustangs?? I'm not trying to be funny I really want to know.

yeah, I destroyed this kid in his single port 3.8.

He seemed shocked that a taurus with more than half a liter less displacement and a couple years older beat him.

70 more horsepower will do that though haha
Old 03-13-2009, 04:10 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

That video has absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed here. And the old SHOs were pretty quick, and the new SHO will be even quicker.

Anyway, I think the new SHO is sexy and I would drive one :-) You guys seem to be forgetting too that the new SHO is going to be a lot heavier than the mustang. It's gonna weigh in at about 4100 pounds. The current Mustang GT will still be as fast or Faster than the coming SHO. Ford sells trucks with more hp and far more torque than the Mustang and I don't hear anyone complaining about that :-)
Old 03-13-2009, 06:46 PM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by acarzt
That video has absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed here. And the old SHOs were pretty quick, and the new SHO will be even quicker.

Anyway, I think the new SHO is sexy and I would drive one :-) You guys seem to be forgetting too that the new SHO is going to be a lot heavier than the mustang. It's gonna weigh in at about 4100 pounds. The current Mustang GT will still be as fast or Faster than the coming SHO. Ford sells trucks with more hp and far more torque than the Mustang and I don't hear anyone complaining about that :-)

I never said the video had anything to do with what we were talking about.... I just wanted to say lets see one do that......... Anyways MN Mustang I live in MN too do you go to the track or is it just city races??
Old 03-14-2009, 01:14 AM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Just on the street. Never been to the track
Old 03-14-2009, 01:29 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

I never said the video had anything to do with what we were talking about.... I just wanted to say lets see one do that......... Anyways MN Mustang I live in MN too do you go to the track or is it just city races??
When you posted that video in an attempt to prove a V6 Mustangs capability I figured you were being sarcastic. Now I know you're not.

Quick Reply: We could get spanked by a Taurus.