Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ford Mustang Persona Profile

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:37 AM
rogueblade

Default Ford Mustang Persona Profile

Hey guys I'm new here and hoping I'm posting this in the appropriate forum. (I also made this post over at allfordmustangs.com)
I've Got an odd request:
I'm doing a project on marketing the Mustang and am trying to build a persona profile on the type of person that purchases a Mustang. So a Mustang forum seems like the best place to go. Right now I'm being pretty broad so I'm looking for anyone that has anything from stock base price mustangs to GT500s and aftermarket parts.
It's kind of a lot to ask but I'm interested to know if some of you Mustang owners could possibly give me a little rundown on yourself with info such as;
education
occupation
where you live (just vaguely)
ethnic background
hobbies/interests (anything at all)
income (or just how much you spent on your Mustang, I understand income is a very personal stat)
vehicle related goals (upgrading your mustang, affording a better car, compete in races, collect cars etc)
computer/internet usage (avid user, gamer, work, recreation such as forums etc)

Feel free to answer any selection of those and add anything you want. I've realized from the last forum that people would much rather PM me to answer these questions so that's great if you'd like.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Mock01
2nd Gear Member

age - 19
gender - Male
education - First year in college, so I guess that would be "High School Diploma"?
occupation - Student full-time, working a little on the side selling Ford Racing parts.
where you live (just vaguely) - Just outside of Ann Arbor, Michigan
ethnic background - Caucasian
hobbies/interests (anything at all) - Hockey, music, writing, racing, etc
income (or just how much you spent on your Mustang, I understand income is a very personal stat) - Since I'm a student I don't make **** for money, lol. I got everything I needed for the car for a little under $10,000 and built it...About $1000-$1200 into it now, so I've got about $12,000 invested in the car (Including purchasing it, I suppose).

vehicle related goals (upgrading your mustang, affording a better car, compete in races, collect cars etc) - My dad and I have a nice collection of Mustangs going, so I guess you can put collecting in the goals section. I'm definitely going to upgrade the one I have now though as I love it dearly. I don't really feel like I need a "better" car unless this one dies on me...In which case I'd probably be in another Mustang. I'd like to get the car into mid/low-12s and still use it as a daily in the summer.
computer/internet usage (avid user, gamer, work, recreation such as forums etc) - I'm almost always on the forums, even when I'm in class. I don't really game much on the computer, but I do use my 360 a bit.

Does it matter what kind of Mustang people have for your research? That might be another question to ask if it does. Anything else you need, let us know!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:11 PM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

education: In 11th grade
where you live (just vaguely): North Carolina
ethnic background: Caucasian
hobbies/interests (anything at all): Basketball, and my Mustang!
income (or just how much you spent on your Mustang, I understand income is a very personal stat): $7500 for Mustang+ About 400 for parts so far.
vehicle related goals (upgrading your mustang, affording a better car, compete in races, collect cars etc): 25+MPG while retaining all needed things, and make it look as good as I want it to look (Local Shows)
computer/internet usage (avid user, gamer, work, recreation such as forums etc): Just Ebay, MF, Stangmods.com and American Muscle.

Car is a 2003 V6 Coupe, Dark Shadow Gray with Charcoal interior, 5 speed. 54k Miles.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

education: still in high school
where you live: Huntsville, AL
ethnic background: Caucasian
hobbies/interests: video games, golf, model cars/airplanes
income: $5500 and then about another $1500 in mods
vehicle related goals: trying to sell it right now to get a more reliable vehicle
computer/internet usage: MF, TMS, performance parts sites, ebay, craigslist, video games, and other forums.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
rogueblade

Hey guys, just going to give this one last bump as I'm getting started on my project. thanks again!
Old 03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
rman101
2nd Gear Member

M
High School Diploma - Freshman in College
Student / Tax Annalyst -- soon to be army
Tampa Florida
Caucasion
cars, technology, golf, girls
traded it in bought the car for 2k 2k in mods so far.
upgrading my mustang to be a well rounded car and hit 12's
recreation.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Riggs
1st Gear Member

age - 18
gender - Male
education - Sophomore in college
occupation - PowerDNN (DotNetNuke webhosting), Full time student
where you live (just vaguely) - Omaha Nebraska
ethnic background - European
hobbies/interests (anything at all) - Computers, Programming, "Hacking", and Cars.
income (or just how much you spent on your Mustang, I understand income is a very personal stat) - about 10k a year
vehicle related goals (upgrading your mustang, affording a better car, compete in races, collect cars etc) - Going to Auto-X the first time the weekend actually, Car is totaly stock hoping to do some upgrades this summer (exhaust and such)
computer/internet usage (avid user, gamer, work, recreation such as forums etc) - I work with computers and servers at my job, I'll try almost any game you throw at me, I visit 3 different forums, play a 360 quite abit, I program. Double majoring in Computer Science and Information Assurance.