Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Limited Warranty - Ford Shelby

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:27 AM
ladyvoldeb

Default Limited Warranty - Ford Shelby

Ford Shelby Buyers Beware! The warranty from Ford is voided due to the application of the Ford Racing performance packages. If you do purchase such a vehicle, make sure the dealer gives you a copy of the limited warranty statement. Per Ford:
FORD RACING LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT

WARNING NOTICE

Ford Racing Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts. All Ford Racing Parts are aftermarket parts. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts. The use of Ford Racing parts and components may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. When operating properly, Ford Racing parts and components have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. Except as set forth below, such damage is the sole responsibility of the consumer and is not covered by this Limited Warranty.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Your warranty is not voided. And also, if you do use an FRPP part and something goes wrong, you have the right to demand that they properly investigate and prove that the FRPP piece is at fault. And if the failure is not due to the FRPP part, they must honor the warranty they gave you.

However, if the FRPP part IS at fault, then yes, the dealership has every legal right to deny the warranty. But even then, the warranty is not void, the service for that failure is the only thing that is denied. Every other component not damaged by the aftermarket part in your car is still 100% under warranty.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:50 PM
ladyvoldeb

Defintion of Warranty: A guarantee given to the purchaser by a company stating that a product is reliable and free from known defects and that the seller will, without charge, repair or replace defective parts within a given time limit.

I bought a car and was told I had a 3 year/36 month bumper-to-bumper warranty.

I was not given anything that said because it is a Shelby with Ford Racing parts that those parts would not be covered under the Ford warranty.

The part was defective, so why did I have to pay for a new part and pay to have it installed?
Old 02-13-2011, 05:02 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Because the warranty was denied for just that one thing. Just because the warranty coverage of that one thing was denied, it does not render the rest of the coverage void.

What you can do is contact FRPP and make them reimburse you for the faulty part.
Now, some dealerships will warranty the FRPP part if they sold it to you, and they will warranty the labor if they installed it for you. If this is the case, do not make a claim under Ford drivetrain warranty, make a claim with the dealership if they gave you such a warranty for the FRPP part.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:43 PM
wythors
2nd Gear Member

Further as I stated in one of your other posts across the Mustang forum spectrum, urethane bushings squeak. It's what they do. The problem could easily have been fixed by someone with a basic tool kit and a tube of silicone lube in about 30 minutes.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:24 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I hate squeaking poly-urethane. (LOL, Urethane, such a funny sounding word, it almost rhymes with urinate!)