Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

What do you think about this one

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 06:53 PM
spoolin shadow

Originally Posted by simpsonfan13

You strike me as the type of guy that thinks a V8 makes him more manly. So let me pose a hypothetical question to you. You line up late one night with an older fox body mustang. lets say an 84. You go at the green light and he proceeds to wipe the floor with you multiple times. You then find out it was a turboed four-cylinder SVO. What do you do? Do you pull a ricer fly-by on him flipping him the bird, hoping that the gesture will somehow alleviate the shame of being beaten by a 4 cylinder car? Do you yell "NO! NO! THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! I DON'T LOOSE TO FOUR BANGERS!" before screeching out in a rage? or do you take the loss like a man and give the guy a thumbs up? What do you do?
most of the mustangs i race around here do the smile like they are gonna walk me and it goes the other way around. then they come by with the window rolled up after i walk them and dont look at me. hilarious. ive been flipped the bird too or have had the excuse of "well let me add a turbo and see the out come" or "take the turbo off and lets see who wins." yea dumb *** im gonna take my turbo off my 7.8:1 compression engine and race you. smart idea. dont make excuses. thats how i roll. btw this has happened to me from a few domestic guys. remember im on your side. i dont drive gay hondas or imports. dont get me wrong ive had a few mustang guys (and when i mean a few i mean like 3) give me a thumbs up including a convert 04 cobra. i dont think i can beat him on the highway but dig i won lol.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:21 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Simpson, while I totally agree with you I think you're working too hard man. LOL.
The close minded "V8 only" guys will never change.
Like the guy in the other thread (Focus one) with his slow *** 4.6 2V that think it's the best thing ever made.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:59 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

lawl i know. but you gotta admit its fun making them see the light.

@ shadow-omnis ftw. they're such hardcore sleepers its ridiculous.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:11 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by simpsonfan13
lawl i know. but you gotta admit its fun making them see the light.
You mean your tail lights.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:45 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by eddypython
Just my .2
If you want a car that's good on gas don't buy a mustang. Look at a civic and put a turbo on it and have fun. It's getting stupid. What's next ? the GT will sport a dual turbo 2.8 L ? lol Cmon ford, build fiesta's and focuses and leave the mustang alone. Again, just my .2
not to be an **** here.. but .2 is twenty cents..

and i agree 100% with your $.02
Old 06-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Hey guys you're all probabaly a little bit to young to remeber the 80's SVO. Personally I think it's a good idea. I'm waiting on Buick to bring back the Grand National.....
Old 06-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Gen5_40
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 7gtthrilla
Ford should not put the mustang in this category PERIOD. If you want a turbo go buy one. we don't need that. We need to stick with the V8 and if anything should be changed they should add more horsepower. What they need to do is get the GT pushing 500 hp and maybe a slightly better suspension and possibly if they want to add technology, add a more technological interior with the hands off talk activated system for those who want it. Shelby is a god when it comes to his somewhat over-priced products. The same problem he has with every car is not in the designing room, it's the engine block. We need more hp and follow in shelby's footsteps. HP, HP, HP
I hate to bring history into this but FORD already did put the Mustang into this category. That wise decision and others like it (Mustang II) saved the car from extinction. You may not want to hear this but it has and always will be the cylindrically challenged versions of the Mustang that allow there to be a V8 version.

Instead of indignation you should get down on your knees and praise those undervalued ponies for giving you two extra cylinders.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:49 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Hey guys you're all probabaly a little bit to young to remeber the 80's SVO. Personally I think it's a good idea. I'm waiting on Buick to bring back the Grand National.....

+1

I had a GN, loved it. I got excited when I heard that Buick has a new Regal Turbo.....then I saw it, and saw it was a 4 door.

Thumbs down. They had a chance to capture a part of the retro modern muscle crowd. (Mustang, Camaro, Challenger) Buick blew it. Oh well.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:49 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Originally Posted by Gen5_40
I hate to bring history into this but FORD already did put the Mustang into this category. That wise decision and others like it (Mustang II) saved the car from extinction. You may not want to hear this but it has and always will be the cylindrically challenged versions of the Mustang that allow there to be a V8 version.

Instead of indignation you should get down on your knees and praise those undervalued ponies for giving you two extra cylinders.
It pointless to argue with these people. You're not a man to them if you dont have a v8. This guy needs to run into a hopped up SVO one day. Maybe he can wash his car with his tears after he gets his lunch, dinner, and next morning's brunch eaten.

As far as the GN goes i don't think that GM wanted to risk upsetting camaro sales. They easily could have and would have had a GREAT competitor. And, even if they did bring it back that would give all the a-hole, balding 40-somethings in the GN scene a heart attack. GM is simply not that heartless.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:26 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Wow, some of you are really ignorant when it comes to the Mustangs history. It has always produced a Mustang in this category. This isn't new at all. Hell, when the car came out in 1964, it was available with 170ci 6cyl that made all of 105 gross horsepower. The Mustang has been available through history with i4's, Turbo'd i4's, i6's, V6's and V8's. The majority of Mustangs sold are non V8 models and that reason alone is why the car has survived this long. In fact, back in late '90's and early 00's, the V8 Camaro sales were on par or better than V8 Mustang sales. The problem was, no one bought V6 Camaro's and V6 Mustangs actually outsold V8 Mustangs. Thus, the Camaro temporarily went to the grave and the Mustang soldered on.

Here's what makes a Mustang a Mustang:

- Long hood, short rear deck.
- 4 Seats
- RWD
- Sporty Styling
- Economical Engines Available
- Performance Engines Available.

Ford has always made Mustangs for everyone. Whether it be a seventeen year old high school girl or a fifty two year old man. I've found that many of my fellow S197 owners jump into the Mustang hobby feet first but don't actually take the time read up and understand the cars history. I've been a die hard Mustang fan my entire life and grew up in a family of Mustang collectors. It gets me pretty frustrated when people speak about the direction they think the Mustang should go when they don't know where the car came from.

Last edited by 83gtragtop; 06-12-2011 at 12:42 AM.