Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

New 2014 Mustang Rumors!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 02:09 PM
FormerMustangOwner

Default Looks Fantastic

Here's an opinion from the United States on this world car. Fantastic potential here. If this car comes out low and beautiful, with an American style V-8 and European handling and interior, it's going to be a fantastic proposition.

I own a BMW 335xi with a 6-speed manual, love it and won't sell it. Took factory delivery in Munich and drove it on the Autobahn before having it shipped back to the States.

In high school, I owned a Mustang and have always liked the brand...but the latest generation didn't quite do it for me. It needed better handling and quality to get me interested. I've always liked Fords, so I bought a Ford Tempo GLS coupe right out of college, then sold it to go to graduate school.

I'll be in the market for a toy after the BMW is paid off next year. I've been looking at Porsches, but the Mustang may grab me instead. My father drives a Fusion Hybrid and I told him to buy it...it reminds me of a BMW.

Ford, don't listen to the old-timers who hate the 2014 concept. There's a whole new market waiting for you out there and I bet most of the faithful come around after they see and drive the 21st century Mustang.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 AM
mfournier

check this out Test Mule photos IRS on this car and IT HAS A V8 looks like the new car will be a bit wider as well as the roof panel of the 2013 they are using body panels off of don't quite fit also the rear bumper took a but of a hack to fit the exhaust. I do hope the actual car sits lower on that chassis you don't get much from this about the looks of the new car as ford tried to make it look as much like a 2013 5.0 as they could and to cover up any thing that might give anything away.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...ar-suspension/
Old 06-18-2012, 01:20 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Old pic is too camaro-ish, luckily it's just that - an old concept pic far from what's coming.

Eco4 over V6? I'm not sure what to think here. The Eco4 brings alot of good things to the table (weight reduction, equal power to v6, boost already on board) but loses alot of things I suspect (low end torque, higher revving to hit powerband even moreso than the 3.7, and the potential to sound like a ricebox).

Yay for IRS finally, time to teach an old dog new tricks. It's all well and good to say you have 'the best SRA there is', but that's like saying you're the most healthy person in intensive care.. Have to wait and drive it, and hear it to decide, but I suspect with some weight reduction and maybe even some size/slimming it will hit that 'market' they are looking for.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

It would be good, if the stock turbo is 88mm+ and the stock internals and fuel system can handle like 60 psi/700 rwhp, stock HP being 450+

if not, then ill just take my NA 5.0 V8 and laugh at 4 cylinders

Last edited by Andy13186; 06-18-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Dr.JZ
tend to agree with you on this....I am not a huge fan of the current rear design...but, many people seem to love it
I don't like the 2010-2012 rear but the 2013 (especially lit up at night) looks very nice!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by JayyVee
Old pic is too camaro-ish, luckily it's just that - an old concept pic far from what's coming.

Eco4 over V6? I'm not sure what to think here. The Eco4 brings alot of good things to the table (weight reduction, equal power to v6, boost already on board) but loses alot of things I suspect (low end torque, higher revving to hit powerband even moreso than the 3.7, and the potential to sound like a ricebox).

Yay for IRS finally, time to teach an old dog new tricks. It's all well and good to say you have 'the best SRA there is', but that's like saying you're the most healthy person in intensive care.. Have to wait and drive it, and hear it to decide, but I suspect with some weight reduction and maybe even some size/slimming it will hit that 'market' they are looking for.
If the Ecoboost is done right it will probably have a flatter and wider TQ curve than the current V6 which would mean more under the curve. By done right I mean a twin turbo 4 cyl. As a single turbo, in order to keep a fat/flat TQ curve it would need a variable vane compressor to make it spool up at a lower RPM (again fat/flat) TQ Curve.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

A powerful 4cyl is a good thing in my mind to keep entry level mustang prices low while still offering all the goodies that the bigger siblings can get, leave those option boxes open.

As for the photo, I hate it and we all know why.

For the six I really hope they bring over the turbo straight six from the XR6 turbo falcons over in Australia, that beast would be my choice engine.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 AM
TheRedBeast'12
1st Gear Member

Agreed, it loks good, but It looks like Ford is serious about becoming a tree hugger...
Old 06-19-2012, 11:33 AM
sonicx
speed'n

They should keep it sra with a irs option or visa versa. I'd still take a solid.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

I like the idea of having an option or SRA or IRS but seems it would be costly

Quick Reply: New 2014 Mustang Rumors!