Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2015 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 09:46 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

no. it's an april fools joke that is almost 40 years old now. but i wouldn't mind ford basing a new 4 door V8 sedan on the mustang. call it something else. crown victoria maybe....
Old 09-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

I vote the Prince Albert, because that is much more European and in the now for the next generation of mustang owners.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by simpsonfan13
^ecoboost 4 + irs = new svo.
but AGAIN the v8 will remain. it's as you say, part of what makes the mustang a mustang. a v8 option has always existed. (yes the mustang is a v6 car with a V8 option) if anything the 5.0 will likely get direct injection, since the heads are already set up for it in the 2012+ cars.
I agree with it all except this one part. the 1974 mustang had no v8 option. It only came with a 2.3L I-4 and an 2.6L v6.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:54 PM
mattman320

yeha ... that thing is bout ugly as sin... I loooove the new ones, but that styling looks goofy. a 4cyl ecoboost would be a decent option, but in that case i'd get a focus ST with the 2.0 eco. I've seen them tested on turning and pull the rear wheels off the ground with so much grip on the front. Ford has done an excellent job killing understeer in the FWD.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:48 PM
2k232
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hamidar05
If the Mustang has Euro-styling and does well, then good for Ford... if it falls flat, and we have another lost decade like the 70s, then I guess we have to wait another 35 years for the Mustang to regain it's glory.

I will gladly take the 2050 Mustang for a spin in my Depends and tell the salesman it's nice to have a real Mustang back. That is if it does not have wings and is rebranded as a Pegasus.

Epic lol
Old 09-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Default 2015 Mustang Update

Well,

Foxnews did an article and even interviewed Steve Turner from 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords to comment on the possibility....

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...ntcmp=features

Don't you love Globalization and the mantra America has no culture

Maybe we'll all have collector cars soon enough!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:47 AM
mattman320

The back half of that one in the pic screams Honda and the front screams taurus
Old 09-14-2012, 06:11 AM
ruskiegunlover
2nd Gear Member

I this comes true like I fear it will, I will be done with Ford. Since before I could drive I have been a Ford person. Never really liked anything else.......If Ford decides that they'd rather bend over and serve the euro market by destroying the mustang and making it appeal to europe, to hell with them. I will never buy another Ford again. I teach history, and love the subject. The Mustang is a piece of American History, and I love it. If they destroy a piece of American history and throw American buyers under the bus, I am done with them. I'll become a nissan man, or a subaru man......But I'll never own a Ford product again. Thats good to, because I just bought a brand new 12 F150 STX last weekend....
Old 09-14-2012, 06:30 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

LOL @ "AUSTIN MARTIN"

And at this thread...almost cannot believe some of these reactions.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover
I this comes true like I fear it will, I will be done with Ford. Since before I could drive I have been a Ford person. Never really liked anything else.......If Ford decides that they'd rather bend over and serve the euro market by destroying the mustang and making it appeal to europe, to hell with them. I will never buy another Ford again. I teach history, and love the subject. The Mustang is a piece of American History, and I love it. If they destroy a piece of American history and throw American buyers under the bus, I am done with them. I'll become a nissan man, or a subaru man......But I'll never own a Ford product again. Thats good to, because I just bought a brand new 12 F150 STX last weekend....
If you teach history, then the one thing you should be well aware of is things change.

My own personal history with the Mustang involves worshiping the '65-'70 cars as a kid. I ended up owning a '67 throughout high school and my early twenties.

But:

I didn't really care for the '71-'73 models. Just too big and the styling lacked appeal for me.

The Mustang II from '74-'78 was just a sad joke in my eyes. An insulting gutless cartoon version of the original.

The Foxes, while they became mechanically awesome over the years never caught my eye, the styling being too removed from anything I associated with the Mustang brand (but at least the styling wasn't offensive to the eye)

The SN-95 years had some good points and bad points, but never really excited me.

The New Edges were headed back in the right direction in my mind. At least they'd added in some of the classic themes. And the Cobras were awesome. Came close to re-entering the Mustang ownership ranks then

The S197 hit me exactly right and practically dragged me into a showroom. Just the perfect combination of modern and old school styling. Bought one.

The S197 styling revision in '10 was a slight step back in my view(could never get used to the rear end treatment), but the '13 is back on track nicely.

At no point during the years where the styling of the current 'stang wasn't to my personal liking did I say: "F" you Ford, I'm a Subaru man now! (Bleh, I made myself a little ill typing that...)

What I'm trying to get at is, the car has been around for almost fifty years. There have been high points and low points design-wise (and the opinions of what they were above are strictly mine, others will differ, but everyone has to agree that the styling of some Mustangs hits them better than others, even if we don't agree which)

There's plenty of time AFTER we get a look at the new pony to complain (if that's warranted), but doing so before anything has been seen more than speculation and rumors is pretty pointless. If won't change a thing regarding what's coming (the new car is too deep into it's design and production cycle for any fundamental changes at this late date)

Myself, I look at the 2013 GT500, at the Boss 302, and at the general state of the current Mustang and I think "Ford really gets it's customer base, and what the Mustang should be"

I, for one, will give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the '15, and patiently wait to comment on styling until there's an actual car to comment on.

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 09-14-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang?