Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2015 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 08:03 PM
craig71springsport
2nd Gear Member

Default 2015 Mustang?

I pray, pray, pray to the heavens that it does NOT end up like the concept photo on our main page. That thing is ugly! AND it resembles a Camaro too much in my opinion. I think it's the biggest styling mistake since 1974.

The I4 would be pretty cool though, especially with all that power. Along with IRS, can anyone say BASE model WRX killer? Take that one jap burners!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:39 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

No concept that anyone has seen up until this point has anything at all to do with the actual 2015 mustang. It's all just crap to keep the pot stirred.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:19 AM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

I'll put this here since it doesn't seem to have got viewed at all:

So I'm confused from reading various articles. Is the 2014 mustang supposed to be the current styling updated or a new style? Because what I've been reading is the new style mustang will be for the 50th anniversary coming out in April 2014 AS a 2015 mustang not a 2014 mustang. So what style will be coming out in.. say april 2013 as the 2014 mustang? Will that be retro styled like current or will be different?

If it's going to be different in april 2013 as a 2014, then (unrealistically) they would be designing yet another completely new style for 50th anniversary in april 2014 called the 2015 mustang.

So what's the deal? Obviously noone knows for sure, but completely changing the style IN 2014 called the 2015 still leaves the void of what style an actual 2014 mustang (released April 2013) will look like.

Edit: Here's what I think. The mustang we saw that looked like a 2013 mustang with IRS will be the 2014 mustang as the first mustang with the new IRS and possibly other changes while retaining the current or close to current body styling. Then the 2015 coming out in April 2014 will be the NEW body style with a fully tested IRS (tested on the 2014 with current body style). Thoughts?
Old 06-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Good theory. I personally believe the '14 will be a pretty direct carryover of the '13 and the '15 will be all new, but IRS in the '14 might be a little surprise. I just hope Ford offers a solid axle option for straight line guys whenever they do switch.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:53 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by craig71springsport
The I4 would be pretty cool though, especially with all that power. Along with IRS, can anyone say BASE model WRX killer? Take that one jap burners!
I was going to say you were nuts, until I looked up the current WRX's weight. Almost 3400lbs?

This might actually not be insane
Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 AM
ruskiegunlover
2nd Gear Member

I have been a mustang guy since I was a kid. I am 29. LOVE mustangs, can even appriciate the 74-78's, and while I DETEST the 94-04, I still love all of them. I will HATE this new mustang if they take the styling these directions. WE DON'T NEED AN AMERICAN ASTIN MARTIN. WE NEED A MUSTANG.

These are the ugliest concepts I have seen in a while for the mustang. This push to bring it to europe, and so doing screw AMERICAN mustang fans (who, by the way, have kept it going now for 48 years) will come back to haunt Ford. Believe me. I have heard rumers of all wheel drive, and seen pics that just make me puke. Maybe I am reacting too strong for this, but I cannot help it. I love our cars. I personally have been thrilled with the last 6-7 years of the mustang, and love how they've gone retro with it. They could go further with the retro look if they wanted though, I do not agree they are spent on that yet.

I am hoping more for something more attuned to the 2001 thunderbirds.....something that is a direct dead ringer for the originals. Fit the exact dimensions of the 67 fastback in a modern body, with a 5.0. SOMETHING. Anything is better then what I've seen.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover
I have been a mustang guy since I was a kid. I am 29. LOVE mustangs, can even appriciate the 74-78's, and while I DETEST the 94-04, I still love all of them. I will HATE this new mustang if they take the styling these directions. WE DON'T NEED AN AMERICAN ASTIN MARTIN. WE NEED A MUSTANG.

These are the ugliest concepts I have seen in a while for the mustang. This push to bring it to europe, and so doing screw AMERICAN mustang fans (who, by the way, have kept it going now for 48 years) will come back to haunt Ford. Believe me. I have heard rumers of all wheel drive, and seen pics that just make me puke. Maybe I am reacting too strong for this, but I cannot help it. I love our cars. I personally have been thrilled with the last 6-7 years of the mustang, and love how they've gone retro with it. They could go further with the retro look if they wanted though, I do not agree they are spent on that yet.

I am hoping more for something more attuned to the 2001 thunderbirds.....something that is a direct dead ringer for the originals. Fit the exact dimensions of the 67 fastback in a modern body, with a 5.0. SOMETHING. Anything is better then what I've seen.

Just my opinion.
The fact you appreciate the Mustang II, and not anything in the Fox/SN-95/New Edge era clearly indicates your leanings. I'm a retro/classic fan myself, but not so far that a Mustang II rates as anything but a rather sad low ebb in Mustang history for me.

I love the '67-'68 most myself, and Ford could do retro design forever as far as I personally am concerned, but they have to keep an eye on market share. After a full decade of well received and competitor imitated retro, I have come to accept that going with something fresh that still is respectful of tradition is actually the right move for the Mustang's future.

I'm willing to put some faith in Ford's designers and not get in a panic every time a kid at a magazine decides to grab photos of 2 or 3 different cars, mash them together with photoshop, add a hockey stick styling line to the side, and claim it has anything to do with the 2015 Mustang..
Old 07-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover
I have heard rumers of all wheel drive, and seen pics that just make me puke.
Yeah, nothing gets my blood boiling like internet rumors and concept pics that have nothing to do with the end product from Ford...

I am hoping more for something more attuned to the 2001 thunderbirds.
Of course! Because that car was such a runaway success!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:34 PM
ruskiegunlover
2nd Gear Member

I blame the 2001 thunderbirds poor showing partially on the extremely bad economic times of its debute. A slowing economy, the beginnings of a major war, do not bode will for launching a high end sports car. I personally loved them, but they are out of my price range.

I also don't agree. I was saying that I can appriciate ALL mustangs, as they are a part of the family. I think for could continue the retro thing for several more years.....WHY NOT commit to a fastback, notch, and convertible in the current bodystyle? Why not a notch? I think the fox notches were awesome.....I just feel going EUROPEAN is not the answer for a traditional, AMERICAN muscle car. Allowing europeans to design the car to fit THEIR market styles is not right. And again, I will say that I think it will come back to haunt ford....
Old 07-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

All we know for sure at this point is that the new Mustang will be SOLD in Europe. Ford has continually said it will still be a distinctly American car. Until we see a REAL concept, why get your butt hole puckered?

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang?