Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Drool Worthy Mustang Cost $1.3 Million to Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:53 AM
MustangForums Editor
MustangForums Editor

Default Drool Worthy Mustang Cost $1.3 Million to Build

This one-off, million-dollar Mustang has been totally modified to the point that not a single surface, nut, or bolt has gone untouched.

Read the rest on the Mustang Forums homepage. >>
Old 05-13-2016, 12:48 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Better not wreck it.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:13 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Very nice car, but I wonder how it could cost so much to build.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:02 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I know they guy (Matt Cooper) and the company Autowerks International that put this together. A lot of the cost is labor (as in thousands of hours) for the custom work and reliability testing that was done.

I was the commercial accounts manager for one of the local auto parts shops he would order his parts from back in the late 90's.

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/...tang-obsidian/

This is a one-off, one-of-a-kind monster that is reliable enough to be a DD .

Matt and his family started the company back in the early/mid 90's. They're originally from New Zealand. His shop started out specializing in custom Classic Mustang and Ford applications that included custom rods that included one-off frames to dropping in 5.0L engines and transmissions into Toyota Land Cruisers, Fiats, or whatever type of vehicle you wanted.

His shop and their work has been featured over the years in Hotrod Magazine, MM&FF, and tons of others. Good people and they were highly meticulous in their work.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:47 AM
norcal_ryan1966
1st Gear Member

Gorgeous car no doubt about that. For me, it takes away from the cars natural beauty when they are so heavily modified. But like I said, gorgeous car/beautiful craftsmanship. Hats off to the guys who put their heart in this car. They definitely have more skill in their pinky than I do with both my hands.