Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

GT500 price

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 01:50 PM
ddatre

Default RE: GT500 price

I WISH THEY WOULD ONLY MARK THEM UP TO $50K!!! I HAVE CONTACTED DEAERS IN 5 DIFFERENT STATES ANHD IT LOOKS LIKE THE PRICES COULD BE AS MUCH AS $80K OR MORE!!!!! THE RUMOR NOW IS EVERY DEALER, NOT JUST SVT DEALERS WILL GET ONE. THEY ARE GOING TO AUCTION THEM THIS WON'T BE AS BAD AS THE FORD GT BUT CLOSE.

FORD, THEMSELVES ARE CONTRBUTING TO THE HYPE AS THEY ARE GOING TO AUCTION THE RIGHTS TO THE FIRST GT500 THIS WEEK AT BARRETT JACKSON. LOOK FOR THE PIRCE PAISD THERE TO SET THE MARKET

NO WONDER FORD IS ABOUT TO GO BANKRUPT!!! FORD WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE CAR FOR THE MASSES AND THE MUSTANG WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN AFFORDABLE MUSCLE CAR WHEN IT WAS ANNOUNCED IN 1964. I HAVE A 66 AND A 94 COBRA PACE CAR NOW AND HAVE HA MANY OTHER FORDS AND MUSTANGS OVER THE YEARS BUT AFTER THIS, I AM DONE WITH FORD. wHO ARE THEY KIDDING. THE CAR IS HARDLY WOTH THE $40K ON THE STICKER. THEY ARE GOING TO SELL THEM FOR MORE MONEY THAN A CORVETTE!!!!

I AM GOING TO WRITE A STRONG LETTER TO BILL FORD. NOT THAT IT WILL DO ANYTHING BUT THIS EX LOYAL MUSTANG DRIVER IS GOING TO BUY A CORVETTE AND POCKET THE CHANGE!!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 07:45 PM
firefox

NO WONDER FORD IS ABOUT TO GO BANKRUPT!!!
Well ..... The General is actually in much worse shape then Ford has been in for awhile.

[/quote] FORD WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE CAR FOR THE MASSES AND THE MUSTANG WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN AFFORDABLE MUSCLE CAR WHEN IT WAS ANNOUNCED IN 1964.[/quote]

The Ford Mustang GT "IS" a very affordable muscle car ( List a car with the 05's HP and great handeling for under $30,000.)

[/quote] I HAVE A 66 AND A 94 COBRA PACE CAR NOW AND HAVE HA MANY OTHER FORDS AND MUSTANGS OVER THE YEARS BUT AFTER THIS, I AM DONE WITH FORD. wHO ARE THEY KIDDING. THE CAR IS HARDLY WOTH THE $40K ON THE STICKER. THEY ARE GOING TO SELL THEM FOR MORE MONEY THAN A CORVETTE!!!! [/quote]

If you think that a car pushing close to 500 HP with a sticker price of "ONLY" $40,000 is hardley worth the money, well then my friend, I would have to say you know very little about cars and further more, a vette goes for over $80,000, Im not really sure where you are getting you figures from, but, I have a feeling you really just dont know what you are talking about.

Now, I am not really excitied that i will have to pay a mark up on the GT500, but I am looking at this as an investment. My opinion is you can not go wrong on this car and I hope that not to many people will agree with me on that. However, for any of you that are car collectors on this board, I know you feel the same way, for the rest of you that are flip floping, you just dont understand the magnitude of this car and frankly will be happier with the GT.

firefox

[:@]
Old 01-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Ercoupe Ed

Well for what it's worth last year at the EAA oshkosh airshow ( I work there as an EAA volunteer(15 years) I met and spoke to Carroll Shelby and Edsall Ford while standing in front of the new Shelby Mustang. Both Carroll and Edsall autgraphed my specail FORD EAA ball cap with two P-51 Mustangs on the side of the bill and the FORD emblem on the front of the ball cap. Carroll and Edsall both said the new Shelby Mustang wil stay at or under $40, 000 MSRP.
FORD is one of the major sponsors of the EAA airshow. Also on dsiplay was the "Shelby Concept car", and a FORD GT 40.
Also a 2005 Ford Mustang. Ford also had a number of it's vehicles on the airport being used as VIP cars and courtesy cars.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Ercoupe Ed

Well firefox, I watched that Shelby Mustang race an airplane on the runway at the EAA Oshkosh airshow last summer.
It comes off the line in a MOST IMPRESSIVE FASHION, and ACCELERATES like GREASED LIGHTNING!!!
SEEING IS BELIEVING!!!
And that deep throaty roar from the exhaust and a huge smoke trail behind the car, and it definetly was burned rubber!
Not bad for $40,000 and 500 horsepower!
Old 01-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Ercoupe Ed

Speaking of Shelby Mustangs,
This happens to be my favorite hat, signed by Edsall Ford and carroll Shelby at oshkosh Wisconsin Air Show this past sumnmer.
The two P51's on the bill denote the second year Ford Motor Company has sponsored the EAA air show.
I don't know if it will make my new 2006 Mustang go faster, but it sure will look cool setting on the dashboard!

[IMG]local://upfiles/28277/B09FD92039DD4B7F8215862C0C3394E8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2006, 03:14 PM
GBPackerFan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ercoupe Ed

Well for what it's worth last year at the EAA oshkosh airshow ( I work there as an EAA volunteer(15 years) I met and spoke to Carroll Shelby and Edsall Ford while standing in front of the new Shelby Mustang. Both Carroll and Edsall autgraphed my specail FORD EAA ball cap with two P-51 Mustangs on the side of the bill and the FORD emblem on the front of the ball cap. Carroll and Edsall both said the new Shelby Mustang wil stay at or under $40, 000 MSRP.
FORD is one of the major sponsors of the EAA airshow. Also on dsiplay was the "Shelby Concept car", and a FORD GT 40.
Also a 2005 Ford Mustang. Ford also had a number of it's vehicles on the airport being used as VIP cars and courtesy cars.
Damn, I sure hope you're right! [sm=hail.gif]"C"
Old 01-23-2006, 12:58 PM
MuscleOwnzRice
4th Gear Member

The price for a GT500 Shelby Cobra SVT 2007 is MSRP 39,995 according to Car and Drive magazine, which has been pretty accurate on their pricing
Old 01-23-2006, 01:44 PM
GBPackerFan
2nd Gear Member

Well, that sounds good to me! [sm=smiley14.gif]"C"
Old 01-23-2006, 03:45 PM
msstang

ORIGINAL: MuscleOwnzRice

The price for a GT500 Shelby Cobra SVT 2007 is MSRP 39,995 according to Car and Drive magazine, which has been pretty accurate on their pricing
Wishful thinking!! MSRP $39,995 yes....asking price??? totally different. I really wanted one too but now I'm not so sure....who knows what will happen when the public can actually get their hands on one. Instead of the GT500 I'm starting to think a fully loaded GT with hefty mods might be the way to go.[sm=smiley29.gif] It's all so confusing at this point: with a lot of speculation. Any suggestions? And I don't think a Saleen is in my price range at this point either!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:59 PM
FoRdBoY357
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

Look, according to Road and Track its going to have about 475 HP. That is good, but really, for the money, you can probably do better. the sticker will be close to $40-$45K, and for that, buy a standard GT and spend money on the mods you want. The GT 500 is not going to be the fastest car on the street with that power -- the 505 HP ZO6 is lighter and easily does 11.7s. i think it will take 550 in a Mustang, with its weight, to beat that, but you CAN get that if you buy a GT and select your aftermarket mods with some smarts.
but just wait a few months after its debut, there will be a kenne-belle blown gt500 eating z06s for thousands less! you could make a 700 hp gt500 and still have money left over to buy a 2006 v6 mustang before you equal the price of the Z06

Quick Reply: GT500 price