Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Camaro Concept Photos LEAKED!!!!! OMFG *edit link fixed*

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 01:17 PM
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Camaro Concept Photos LEAKED!!!!! OMFG

It looks exactly like the cadillac. Barf
Old 12-15-2005, 10:51 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

Hey, how do you guy's think GM will build a new Craparo that will cost them at least $2 billion to tool up/R&D etc when they are 6" from being bankrupt?
I really do think they are that close.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Topless1995GT

If anyone here has ever kept up with concepts that eventually became reality then there is one key element that you should already know, the "bling bling" never makes the cut and it will likely end up with a set of 18x9 on it's premier model (Z28 or whatever they will call it) and the front clip, head lights and all will likely be scrapped for a cheaper and more down to earth design just for better marketing to the youths and baby boomer/midlife crisis folks.

The charger, corvette, mustang and any other concept model you have ever seen never becomes 100% reality, likely just 60-80% of the car will make the cut if it does indeed go into production.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:01 AM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

IF they make it, they had better figure out how to make them affordable. That's what killed off the older F-Bodies.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:23 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

well if GM does come in an moitor this, get rid of it, that is the fugliest thing i have ever seen.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Looks pretty fake to me.

Whats wrong with the front bumper? Why does the driver side of the car not match the color/shape of the passenger side?

Why is the shadow under the front bumper looking so weird?
those are computer generated images. I think the designers were tinkering with the final 2 looks and placed it on the same 3D model.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:33 PM
06GT

I like it, if they have the guts to build it right.

Personally I *hope* Chevy can pull it together and build some cool cars [like a well done Camaro] , because apart from the Corvette (which IS hot) everything else they build is as banal and passionless as stale bread..
I want passionately kool cars on my roads man!! [8D]

Camry's still hold the reliably dull award, and why American mfrs keep trying in vain to steal away that title I'll never know. Who knows if Chevy really has the **** to pull it off or not??
If they keep building Malibus we might as well say so long IMO.

At the local new car show today I heard that Chevy was going to use the Solstice platform and stretch it for the Camaro- how true that really is I have no idea.

My impressions BTW overall of seeing all the models together both domestic & foreign were first that American interiors were terrible in the plastic/cheapo look dept compared to the foreigns,
but there was a small glimmer of style beginning to show, mainly on the exteriors, with the HHR, Solstice, Magnum SRT8, Mustang, and of course the Corvette. [notice I didn't include the Charger though lol, it's a box and a 4 door sedan geez)

Forget the multitudes of SUVs, and I could barely tell Toyota Nissan and Honda apart.
VW, Merc, BMW, Audi all have their corporate identity thing going on, so they were very cookie cutter like to me, though I am an Audi fan in general.

(The MINI Cooper group was the coolest, of course =)

Ford underplayed the Mustang IMO trying to promote the new Mercury/Lincoln lineup, Fusions and 500s. All very dull actually.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:19 AM
n/a_threat
2nd Gear Member

It looks like crap. I can tell there are suttle hues of the old camaros in the rear quarter panel.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:44 AM
RSRXION
2nd Gear Member

Once again GM has embarked on a futuristic vision rather than embrace their heritage. This car smacks of C-7 Corvette mixed with RX 8 mixed with Etch-A-Sketch. Why don't they just break out the tooling for the 69 Camaro and build the car with todays technology and creature comforts ??????????? They couldn't build them fast enough ! Maybe this explains why GM is close enough to bankruptcy that our very own US government can't save them. The car looks like crap, it's years away from release and they're in dire financial trouble. They need to do something... QUICK ! Enjoy the ride bowtie boys, all the way to the bottom.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:27 PM
IrocTopless

Hello. I was just surfing around the web and landed here in the enemy's camp! I'm a moderator over at Camaro Source. Of coarse we are all interested in this new Camaro concept car. After stumbling on this site, I was interested in the comments. Camaros and Mustangs have had a friendly rivalry since day one. And that's a good thing. The competition has given both of us better cars than we ever could have.

One thing that surprised me were the comments here are almost split as to like or dislike. To get almost 50% positive responses for a Camaro on a Mustang site is pretty cool. Our site also gives about a 50% thumbs-up to the new Mustang. I personally think Ford did a good job in keeping the spirit of the Mustang alive. Let's give a hand to good sportsmanship! Actually, to be honest, if it wasn't for the success of the Mustang, proving that the domestic muscle car is still alive and well, the Camaro may not have returned, or at least not with the muscle car performance of it's heritage.

Another thing that surprised me was the comments here are almost the same as ours! We too are kind'a split on the new car. I personally also mention that the low-profile tires looked kind'a bling. I too like a little more rubber on a muscle car and leave the super low-profile tires to the tuner fans. (Of coarse this is purely a personal opinion).

Just as the new Mustang is an awesome bang-for-the-buck, I pray that the Camaro will be to. The last thing Chevy needs to build is a car to compete with the Mustang that cost $40,000+!!! Even if it's performance was equal (or dare I say better than the Mustang), we'd be screwed! Hopefully, the fact that their using a common platform will reduce costs.

Anyway, these are just a few opinions from the other side. Let's hope things go well and we'll see you on the drag strip!

Bob

Quick Reply: Camaro Concept Photos LEAKED!!!!! OMFG *edit link fixed*