Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

GT500 vs. 'stang gt vs. harley truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:23 AM
jugsreturn

Default GT500 vs. 'stang gt vs. harley truck

Alright, I've been a mustang fan since I was a little tike. I have never had the money for a gt mustang though. Now, I am a college student and have a pretty good job lined up and am going to make pretty decent money (about 70k a year). My question is what should I do? I have fallen in love with the new gt500, but I haven't fallen in love with the price. I like the mustang gt's and I also like the harley davidson trucks. I live in indiana and the winters suck, so I don't know if it would be worth it to get a car first. I don't really know what to do and would like some advice. If I CAN get the gt500 I'll probably keep it forever, but is it worth the price? Should I buy a gt and soup the sh*t out of it? Should I get an '03 '04 cobra? or should I buy the truck and wait until the gt500's price comes down? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:11 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: GT500 vs. 'stang gt vs. harley truck

If your willing to spend the money on a new GT500, than I would just get an 03/04 Cobra and Harley Truck. You could probably get both of those for around $50,000 together. If I was to do it over again I wouldnt have gotten my GT. Or you could get a Mach 1 for around $20,000 or so and mod the hell out of it and then go buy an F150 Lighting. Just my opinion.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:09 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

If your willing to spend the money on a new GT500, than I would just get an 03/04 Cobra and Harley Truck. You could probably get both of those for around $50,000 together. If I was to do it over again I wouldnt have gotten my GT. Or you could get a Mach 1 for around $20,000 or so and mod the hell out of it and then go buy an F150 Lighting. Just my opinion.

As much as I would love a GT500 what 01SilverGT is saying sounds good to me. I am with you dude.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:20 PM
jlauth
2nd Gear Member

Ok i know jug personally, and i think that he is going to need more than one stang. I think that he should just purchace a 05 gt in the upcomming years and SC it. I think that he needs a stang today so that i would have someone to drive around with. IMO i dont think that the GT500 is going to be that great the 1st year that it is produced. It has a few styling issues, and it is to heavy. I do not think that jug should prolong his, and my own suffering anymore. Just buy a stang that will run faster than a 97 cobra with a 100 shot and you will be happy as hell. As for winter dont worry about it a am gonna get a nasty *** diesel truck when i grad, so you can just have me haul your *** to and from work at that 70k job that we are gonna get. Also jug dont be scared of a used car, my car had 72k when i purchaced it and you have seen it in action.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:21 PM
jlauth
2nd Gear Member

Save the 04 cobra for me you get some type of 05+.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:05 PM
trevman2

you could buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...QQcmdZViewItem

or this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...QQcmdZViewItem

along with this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...QQcmdZViewItem

or this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...QQcmdZViewItem

and this truck:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-F1...QQcmdZViewItem

probably all 3 for the price of a new Shelby
Old 01-27-2006, 05:48 PM
jlauth
2nd Gear Member

I like the mach the most, but i think that jug would want a stock one to start with, then he could do the mods himself.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:55 PM
05ponygt

the shelby will never come down in price ...I bought an 05 gt last febuary put a ton of miles on it (15k) and put it away in october and am driving a 94 jeep as i live in the NEast . It kills me to not drive my mustang , but would not change a thing (until of course Ford comes out with a BOSS or MACH 1 ) until i can get 375hp off the showroom floor for 30-35K
Old 02-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

This is a really easy question to answer, but you're not going to like the answer and probably won't do it You should absolutely forget about buying a new car right now. You're fresh out of college and have a job "lined up" which I take to mean you haven't even started work yet. It is the American Way to come out of college and immediately launch into a life style that will eventually lead you to finiancial ruin, don't do it. Your number one priority right now should be to SAVE and INVEST. Buy a cheap used car for transportation. If you invest money while you're still young, you will be amazed at what that money will build into later. If you take the typical stance of "I'll buy a new car now and start investing later when I have more money" you will NEVER have more money. First comes the car, then the house, then the pool, the bass boat, etc. etc. etc. There are always excuses not to invest. Luckily for me I got this same advice when I was your age and I heeded it, the results have been astounding. If I had started investing even 5 years later I'd have half of what I have now. There is nothing that builds an investment better than time, and you cannot make up for the time if you choose not to invest as soon as you start working, it'll be gone forever. There will be plenty of time for a new car later when you're on more solid financial footing and have a better idea of what you really can afford. Either read "The Millionaire Next Door" or get it on CD and listen to it, you'll understand why I'm saying all of this. Good luck!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:25 PM
cviteri
2nd Gear Member

i hate to admit it [:@] [:'(]but tres is wright. just get a used car that ull feel good w/ and save some money while u invest on ur car. as everyone knows the worst investement to do is to buy a car. instead buy a house or a property and that is a way to save $$ , then refinace it and get a better car perhaps.
idk it is just my opinion. it is ur life.
luck w/ that

Quick Reply: GT500 vs. 'stang gt vs. harley truck