Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Cobra destroying many cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 03:18 AM
OICW
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Cobra destroying many cars

ORIGINAL: 98LS1

I agree with you Spenis. It's nice being all motor....running 11's all motor is far more impressive to most people than running it on boost. Much less a boosted v8.

Although when the WRX and EVO guys blow off at me, it'd be nice to blow off right back....or purge. That should scare...well everyone.
Find me an 11s LS1 that'll pull hard in 6th at 1500 rpm.

See, when you start to go mega power on NA, by using crazy cams and heads, you loose driveability (low end power).

On the other hand, a 10 s Cobra is probably more driveable than a stock one - the engine pulls so hard off idle that you'll never have to above 2000 rpm during normal driving. That, is the beauty of forced induction.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:58 AM
HRnB
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Aliate X

I dont really HATE cobras its just I wouldnt buy one simply because, yeah Blades car is fast, but its just as fast as every single other cobra out there. Just making my point. I bought a 5.0 b/c they are cheap and when they are done, you can decimate anything with 4 wheels....or 2.
.....or 2! Slow down champ. [sm=smiley36.gif]
Old 02-05-2005, 07:38 PM
01GTvertible
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AllVenom

I don't really see the hate so much in these posts as I see the jealousy. I can understand your points Sp3nis, mainly because I am an older Cobra driver. I totally respect any Mustang owner that takes that GT and develops it into something. That person has the passion and the time to do that. I can also respect the mustang owner that goes out and drops some cash up front for a car that has a decent motor already, adds a few bolt ons and has themselves a 500 hp powerhouse. I really don't see the point of knocking those of us that chose this route, not all of us go around acting like the next coming of Christ. I will tell you though, it is a good feeling driving down the road knowing that you can beat 99% of the cars that pull up to you at a light though.

well written. i wanted to say something like this, but i would have been a little more pissed off if i wrote it, so im gonna leave it to you. JEALOUS was the key word.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:55 PM
sp3nis
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 01GTvertible

ORIGINAL: AllVenom

I don't really see the hate so much in these posts as I see the jealousy. I can understand your points Sp3nis, mainly because I am an older Cobra driver. I totally respect any Mustang owner that takes that GT and develops it into something. That person has the passion and the time to do that. I can also respect the mustang owner that goes out and drops some cash up front for a car that has a decent motor already, adds a few bolt ons and has themselves a 500 hp powerhouse. I really don't see the point of knocking those of us that chose this route, not all of us go around acting like the next coming of Christ. I will tell you though, it is a good feeling driving down the road knowing that you can beat 99% of the cars that pull up to you at a light though.

well written. i wanted to say something like this, but i would have been a little more pissed off if i wrote it, so im gonna leave it to you. JEALOUS was the key word.

o yeah of course its jealous you idiots hit it right on the head, thank you for clearing it up for me. No wonder why so many peopel hate mustang owners.... :shakeshead: