Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

To all those people who say TURBO's are RICE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 01:45 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: To all those people who say TURBO's are RICE!

ORIGINAL: Obsol3te

ORIGINAL: FiveOhNo

and who said turbo's were rice?
What he said.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:56 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Most fast stangs have turbos!I dont know who said that dum comment.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:18 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Joe99es

ORIGINAL: I G Joe

sure alot of ricers use turbos to keep up with us. but when we go Forced they have to think and thats hard for them. *theres no replacement for displacement*
Listen, in all honesty, why are you bashing "ricers" when it gets right down to it, you should have respect for anyone that can make there car go fast and do the work themselves.. Take a turbo'd honda civic for example.... Yes its a civic, and yes it might be rice... But it has a turbo, they never came with turbos, and you know the dude that owns that car did all the work himself.... it shouldent matter what you drive, if your a tuner and do all your own work, you should get respect

lol im sorry but its not hard to slap a turbo on a car. hmm lets see you get the turbo and everything you need. goto a stand alone system hook it up to a computer and bam you can tune it that way. i dont think i know a ricer who could tune a carburated engine. sure yeah give him respect he did it himself, but ya gotta admitt why the hell would you slap a turbo on a 1.6L your basically wasting your money and your time. id say turbo's are meant for anything above the 2.0L mark because then you have enough engine to push the turbo. the only respectable rice out there is very expensive rice. Supra,Evo,STI, and so on you get my drift.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Joe99es
I ♥ Acer

sure alot of ricers use turbos to keep up with us. but when we go Forced they have to think and thats hard for them. *theres no replacement for displacement*
Listen, in all honesty, why are you bashing "ricers" when it gets right down to it, you should have respect for anyone that can make there car go fast and do the work themselves.. Take a turbo'd honda civic for example.... Yes its a civic, and yes it might be rice... But it has a turbo, they never came with turbos, and you know the dude that owns that car did all the work himself.... it shouldent matter what you drive, if your a tuner and do all your own work, you should get respect

lol im sorry but its not hard to slap a turbo on a car. hmm lets see you get the turbo and everything you need. goto a stand alone system hook it up to a computer and bam you can tune it that way. i dont think i know a ricer who could tune a carburated engine. sure yeah give him respect he did it himself, but ya gotta admitt why the hell would you slap a turbo on a 1.6L your basically wasting your money and your time. id say turbo's are meant for anything above the 2.0L mark because then you have enough engine to push the turbo. the only respectable rice out there is very expensive rice. Supra,Evo,STI, and so on you get my drift.

So its not hard to "slap on" a turbo on a NA car, and get a full Haltech standalone system and have it tuned properly? As opposed to the all mighty carb? Hondas come with 1.8 Liters, most "sedan rice" cars that most people would think are ricers have 2.0 or bigger engines, and there are 1.8's running 20 psi and it working perfectly fine
Old 05-27-2005, 07:11 PM
FiveOhNo
3rd Gear Member

So its not hard to "slap on" a turbo on a NA car, and get a full Haltech standalone system and have it tuned properly? As opposed to the all mighty carb? Hondas come with 1.8 Liters, most "sedan rice" cars that most people would think are ricers have 2.0 or bigger engines, and there are 1.8's running 20 psi and it working perfectly fine
k...only one "honda" came with the 1.8 liter (integra)...most others are using a 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.2, or the 2.3 so, Joe, you're an idiot. it's not that hard to build a turbo honda. i'm runnin a crx Si with the stock D16, T3/T4 .50 trim @8psi, and 720cc injectors...no tuning what-so-ever. stock fuel regulator. no aftermarket computer, no AFC or anything. it doesn't take that much to get one goin so i'm not sure why you're even bringing up the "full Haltech standalone system". yeah, if you want your "1.8 at 20psi" to work you're gonna need a pretty badass tune (and a strong bottom end), but not many people do that.

edit-and about the turbo being for engines above 2.0, that's just ignorant and you need to crawl out from the rock you're living under b/c there are plenty of insanely fast 1.5 and 1.6L turbo'd hondas. not to mention all the B18's runnin a turbo.

Old 05-27-2005, 08:55 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

thats what my ****in point was ITS NOT HARD TO BUILD A TURBO HONDA. theirs a reason why people goto stand alone systems its called reliability. good for you and your CRX but im sorry i stick with my 2.0L comment and up. its a BIG waste of time trying to get power outta anything below that. reason being your all Top end and no bottom. plus i could spend less money on a Chevy 350 than you do on your Honda B16A or B18's and still kick your ***. if ya wanna talk about corners fine ill whip out my Turbo 2.3L mustang and kick your ***. go ahead call me ignorant or w/e but just remember you'll never win =P

oh also for your CRX you wasted alot of time and money on it. your 720cc injectors = waste, your T3/T4 turbo = waste come on its only running 8psi.... no tuning alright you just wasted alot of money GOOD FOR YOU.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Joe99es
I ♥ Acer

thats what my ****in point was ITS NOT HARD TO BUILD A TURBO HONDA. theirs a reason why people goto stand alone systems its called reliability. good for you and your CRX but im sorry i stick with my 2.0L comment and up. its a BIG waste of time trying to get power outta anything below that. reason being your all Top end and no bottom. plus i could spend less money on a Chevy 350 than you do on your Honda B16A or B18's and still kick your ***. if ya wanna talk about corners fine ill whip out my Turbo 2.3L mustang and kick your ***. go ahead call me ignorant or w/e but just remember you'll never win =P

oh also for your CRX you wasted alot of time and money on it. your 720cc injectors = waste, your T3/T4 turbo = waste come on its only running 8psi.... no tuning alright you just wasted alot of money GOOD FOR YOU.
Your extremely ignorant, there are turbo 1.8 liter engines running 500+ WHP, get your head out of your ***
Old 05-27-2005, 11:20 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

I win!
Old 05-28-2005, 12:20 AM
StangGT804
I ♥ Acer

`No offense but after hearing that, i like the whin of s/c's better!! jus my opinion!!! Nice car tho'
Old 05-28-2005, 01:05 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Who ever said theres no point in putting a turbo on anything bellow a 2.0 liter is real dumb! I would put a turbo on my weed wacker if I had the money to waste.

Have you ever seen turbo 600cc bikes? Coming stock from the factory. Thats 0.6 liters.

Oh and heres a new record........... 701hp out of a 1.3 liter four cylinder. And thats coming from a suzuki hayabusa.....

http://superstreetbike.com/releases/pr_hd_701hp/

I hate the mentality of people with muscle cars. They all think there better than everyone else. I respect anyone who knows what there talking about and has an interest in motor sports. Doesnt mean I have the same taste or desire as them, but they have the passion for power sports as I do....

Quick Reply: To all those people who say TURBO's are RICE!