Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

GoPro Hero knowers!@

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Default GoPro Hero knowers!@

ive been trying to edit my video in two different video editor which are real freaking piece of sh(#@. no logical way of making it a easy cut n chop, can anyone refer me a simple editor that work with gopro mp4 format..i really just wanna cut the extra crap but im about to just return the whole kit if i cant edit the damn video.

also, what is the best place ''IN'' car to put your gopro? what do you use to make it hold? i bought the naked so i barely have nothing, i bought the ventouse holder to put on car...that it

i did couple video with the camera on side of the car, top of the car(get too noisy with the wind pretty quick.
would like to share it with you guys but geezus cant freaking get to cut the video at all.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:30 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

I use Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, takes a bit to figure out how to chop the videos, but it works good and is pretty cheap. I have a gopro hero, but can't figure out how to turn the damn thing on to record before a run, sad I know.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:36 PM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

I would convert it to something more "light-weight" like .avi.

AnyVideoConverter will work great for that.

Then you can use WindowsMovieMaker to chop it. Should be a free download.

Just drag and drop the video into MovieMaker and then pause it where you want to chop it, right click the timeline and select split.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

You can actually edit your videos via you tube. If you're looking to chop them, its easy and straightforward.

Sac, press the power button to turn it on, then press until you get the video camera icon. Then press the top button like you would to snap a photo to start recording.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:20 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I just use quicktime pro. It gets time consuming if you are trying to piece together a bunch of clips, but for just cutting out the beggining or end it's easy.

Put the vented back on the waterproof case and cover the holes with black electrical tape. That gives me the best balance of sound and less wind noise.

This was taken with the housing turned around backwards on my rear fairing. Very little wind noise considering how fast I was going in the end.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:34 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

I have a 3M taped mount on my dash that I use for in the cabin.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWzuwu5aZ0g&feature=plcp[/youtube]

I haven't tried the electrical tape yet, but I am planning on it.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:32 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

You mean using the plastic back case with two rectangular hole? And cover them with tape to filter a Bit? Instead of putting the whole waterproof back case? On side of the car sounded good enough, but on top you just get all the winds from everywhere
Old 06-06-2012, 09:16 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

I have a tape mount in the opening above the chin spoiler and the suction cup mount on the windshield in the '08, The roll bar mount on a harness bar in the '00, and the suction cup mount on the windshield in the '91
Old 06-06-2012, 05:18 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighted1987
You mean using the plastic back case with two rectangular hole? And cover them with tape to filter a Bit? Instead of putting the whole waterproof back case? On side of the car sounded good enough, but on top you just get all the winds from everywhere
That's exactly what I mean. I tried the waterproof back, but it sounds like crap.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:28 AM
darksky1984
2nd Gear Member

The waterproof case is horrible for sound. I never use it. I use Sony Vegas pro to edit my videos. It took a little time to figure out how to fully use the program but once I did I was able to make cool videos.

Quick Reply: GoPro Hero knowers!@