Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd 15k miles Borla exh/Airaid Intake/Dyno Tune Brembo/3.73

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 12:10 PM
carlspeed
1st Gear Member

Default SOLD: '12 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd 15k miles Borla exh/Airaid Intake/Dyno Tune Brembo/3.73

Year: 2012
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Price: $22400
Mileage: 15055
Color: Sterling Gray Metallic
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State/Prov): FL

SOLD

Car is in absolute perfect condition, the only reason I'm selling it is to pay off some credit cards. The sterling gray metallic paint is still sparkly and flawless.

I bought the car new in December of 2011. After the car had 900 miles and was broken in, I changed the oil for the second time, and did the Borla S-Type full cat back exhaust ($1250), Airaid full intake ($300), and dyno tune by Fordspeed ($550). The tune was a good bit of cash, as I also bought the SCT Tuner at the same time, so I could revert back to the stock tune if I needed to for any type of warranty work. I never needed to do that, so the tuner is still in the packaging. The car runs absolutely incredible. The OEM tires were replaced at around 12k miles with Yokohama AD08's in wider 275 sizing. It is a square set up so I could rotate tires to get a bit more life out of them. They still have plenty of life left at this time. The paint on the car is absolutely incredible, and if I didn't tell you that there were about 4 pin sized spots on the front bumper from miscellaneous road debris on a trip to North Carolina, I doubt you'd even see them. The car was bought purposely with only 3 options. Brembo brakes, which came with not only the huge Brembo calipers, but also stiffer shocks and springss, which is actually very close to what comes on the Boss 302. I also got the 3.73 gears, and the MT86 manual transmission which is commonly referred to as a "track pack" for the 2013+ years. The other option is the security option, which is kind of nifty, if the windows are down and the alarm is activated, it will go off if someone reaches inside the car. This option also has the backup sensors included. I'm not really into drag racing, but for curiosity sake I did run at Bradenton one day to see how the car would do in the quarter. I hadn't gone in probably 8 years, and the first and only time this car was at the drag strip, I was able to get a 12.4 out of it. Not bad for a car with intake, exhaust, and tune. The car dyno'd at 410rwhp as it sits now, and that probably has something to do with it. The synthetic oil was changed way often just as I planned on keeping the car forever, and there wasn't an expense spared with that. I have a log of the oil changes, and I think that even though the car has 15k on it, I've changed it 5 or 6 times. About two years ago I flushed the brake fluid as well, with ATE Superblue.

I've had a lot of fun with this car. I'm not selling it because I want to, but only because paying off the CC debt is more responsible than having this beautiful machine sitting in the garage. Did I mention that the car has only been out 6 nights, including my trip in it to NC, in the entire time I've owned it? The car is great. I just detailed it, and it's ready for someone to love it as much as I do.

Last edited by carlspeed; 06-07-2016 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Car is SOLD.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:22 PM
carlspeed
1st Gear Member

Sold.