New Edge Classifieds 1999-2004 Models

Custom rear keyhole (removable) plug/deletes

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:17 AM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

Default Custom rear keyhole (removable) plug/deletes

Ive been selling these on 3.8mustang for a short while now and have 1 left over from the first batch of 10 I did. I will be making another batch of 25 in the near future but dont currently have an ETA on when they will be done.

These are aluminum plugs for the rear keyhole area on 99-04 mustangs. They are held on by a strong magnet and will not come off unless you want them to. Thats also the great thing about them, they DO come off if you want it to so you can get in your trunk if you dont have a remote or the batery died in the remote. Here are a couple of pictures, the first 2 are how it comes, UNPAINTED, just bare aluminum. The 2nd picture is one that has been painted.

These completely change the look of the back of the car, i have a painted prototype one on my car and even though it isnt as good of quality as the ones im selling, i really love it.

Price is 22 shipped. paypal or moneyorder, i will usually ship same day, if not, for sure the next day.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:36 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

How would these come off? Do they just pop right off with a flat head screwdriver?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:35 AM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
How would these come off? Do they just pop right off with a flat head screwdriver?
you probably woudlnt want to use a screwdriver because it could scratch the paint. if you can get a fingernail under it that works or many people have found it easy to rotate the plug a little until it isnt sitting flush anymore..then you can pull it right off...that brings up another point..i forgot about the instructions.

1st off, BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WITH THESE! the magnets are pretty strong and can pinch you if you get your finger between the magnet and a piece of steel or another magnet. The magnets could also do harm to electronic devices so try to keep it away from anything electronic. These arent the most powerfull things out there but they are powerfull. They have over a 30lb pulling force, use caution.

-there is a black rubber ring around the inside lip of the key hole, you will need to remove this rubber ring. just grap the edge of it and pull in towards the center of the hole and it will pull out.

-now look at the back of your plug, the magnet is NOT centered on the aluminum. it is done that way for a reason. the side of the plug with the magnet closeset to the edge is the bottom side of the plug.

-hold on the the plug tightly, and slowly put one side of it down (in the keyhole) then slowly release the other side so it snaps into place.

-if it does not look quite right, or there is quite a bit of a gap on one side, you can either pull it off, rotate it, and try again or you can just try to rotate it in place untill it looks better

thats it, its very easy and you cant really screw it up.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Grumio
2nd Gear Member

I'll take it. PM me your paypal
Old 06-09-2009, 11:10 PM
1999mustang2000
5th Gear Member

is it sold or not?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:46 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1999mustang2000
is it sold or not?
yeah, sale pending. ill bump this thread up when i get the next 25 done. if your interested in one, i will probably also shoot you a pm when i bump the thread.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:03 AM
dsg03gt
1st Gear Member

Put me on the list for the next batch.. And can you paint them to?
Old 06-10-2009, 06:42 AM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dsg03gt
Put me on the list for the next batch.. And can you paint them to?
ok, and sorry, i havent been painting them. Mustangs come in so many different colors, i would have to have some paint in every color here to be able to make everybody happy. it would also cost me a ton so the price would have to go way up. i have been telling people the easiest way to get them painted would be to wait a while until you are gettting something else painted like a bumper and have the shop do the keyhole plug at the same time. they would hardly charge you anything extra. you can also buy cans of spraypaint in your color. buy some primer, color, and clear and you could do it yourself in no time at all. you could always just take the plug to a shop and see what they would charge you. my guess would be around 50 for just that though.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:00 PM
1999mustang2000
5th Gear Member

put me on that list...im not worried about the paint i painted my hood scoop and side scoops myself and it looks great but black isnt hard to paint
Old 06-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Martel
2nd Gear Member

Let me know when you have some more!

Quick Reply: Custom rear keyhole (removable) plug/deletes