New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Roush 3 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 06:56 AM
autie
1st Gear Member

Default Roush 3 worth it?

Im a 17 year old looking to buy a 07 Roush (stage3) Mustang. I know some of you grown men are going to be saying "how would a 17 year old afford a car like this" and my response is years of working! Ha, but besides that if i get talked into buying it, i will buy it. I was introduced to the stage 3 by looking into the stage 1 and talking to the sales person. As i talked about the upgrade of a supercharger in a GT, which would cost 9,000gs, the sales person asked me about the Roush Stage 3. So anyways is the Roush Stage 3 really worth it for 51, 650? *Also i went to the dealership to look at the GT500 but that car was running up to 73,000+ = they must be crazy but it is a sweet car

If i do get it these would be the additional mods (not specific):
1. CIA
2. CHIP/TUNE
3. ADJUSTED CATBACK/TEST PIPE

if you guys have any suggestions please post i am open minded to everything, thanks.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:11 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Roush 3 worth it?

Welcome to the forums... You might get a better response to your questions in the model specific forum....
Old 08-17-2006, 11:29 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

For the Stage 3 price I would just get a new Vette.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:27 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

^ +1 Or a Saleen. I think the Saleen is much better than the Roush overall, but it really depends on what you personally like.

If you do some research online and ask questions in our special stang section for roushes, you should learn a good deal and make the decision that best suits you.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Saleen for the win bro. F roush although there isnt anything wrong with them.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:25 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

Saleens are nicer.....
9 Grand for a supercharger?!
Dude for us sixers, we can supercharge for about 4 grand....I dont see how it can go up to 9 grand...
How are you going to afford the insurance? No offense, but im 19, and I could afford a GT, but not the insurance!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:34 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i say get it, cool cars
Old 08-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: autie

If i do get it these would be the additional mods (not specific):
1. CIA
2. CHIP/TUNE
3. ADJUSTED CATBACK/TEST PIPE
The stage 3 has these mods done to it already...
Old 08-18-2006, 12:08 AM
autie
1st Gear Member

Does it come with the modifications?? Such as the CIA & Flash?? Im going to put the car under a company name so it would come out cheaper and i also advise you to get some insurance because thats a [sm=badidea.gif]. Well they put in the SC at the dealership and it comes under warranty which is awesome but i rather have a ROUSH. I looked into saleens and im the type of person that wants the BEST!! and the saleen extreme is the best saleen mustang but a little toooooo far out of my reach.

Also thanks guys for responding to my post and giving a little pony lover some good advice and closure on the car. I would like to pucker up the baby to around 500hp (485+ rwhp) but i cant figure out any other way to get it there with out NOS...
Old 08-18-2006, 03:24 AM
06Roush_st_3

i have a Stage 3 Roush '06 Screaming yellow.

The car is great, I believe way better then the SALEEN, and better then the GT 500. Here is why.

I think the SALEENs lack the true appeal of a mustang the body kit just doesn't work for me. The GT500 is a great car, great motor, to heavy and why pay 70K... You will NEVER get that back Shelby or not. In 20 years Jack Roush will be the next Carol Shelby. And my Stage 3 is one of two that to be produced, and now that Screaming Yellow is out for the new Competition Orange my car is VERY rare. This will be true far ALL of the Stage 3 cars though. Think about it. Carol Shelby built the old Shelby cars at his shop, So does Roush, Carol Shelby was at the top of his game, so is Jack Roush now. He has two Nextel Cup Championships back to back, tunes for Ford, and is helping Ford build and produce cars, Just like Carol Shelby did.

Getting a Stage 3 for 51k is a good deal, mine was 56k+ with all the goodies I got. That is vert, stripes, light bar, tool kit, I think that was it.

The Stage 3's come with a Roush ecm tune for the RoushCharger, cat back, and a Roush intake tube.

As for a Vette over the Roush, NO FN WAY. you can get a bone stock Vette like everyone else for maybe 55k, YIPPY. The Stage 3 with keep up or win. Or you can get a higher end Vette maybe for almost 70k. The Vette has it's place but it certainly is not in my garage.

People keep in mind I am comparing the Stage 3 to a basic model Vette, I don't like the Vette's, but I am not stupid.

Bottom line the Roush Stage 3 is the best bang for the buck.

Quick Reply: Roush 3 worth it?