New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

domestic noob

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 10:04 PM
TYKON

Default domestic noob

the other day my neighbor sold me his 93 5.0 gt in perfect condition, 50,000 miles without a blemish on it for 3k. it was a good deal so i didnt pass it up. i am new to domestics all together. i have been building a nissan 180sx for sometime and still plan on finishing, but i still have about 600 dollars a month at my disposal for fun, so why not build 2? or, im not sure if is hould keep it stock so that it wont go down in value, i really am not familiar with the resell value at all. i hope to learn here at the boards, so any help will be appreciated. really i am just questioning keeping it stock or not at this point. i probably need a daily driver. any opinions welcomed (as long as they arent some wacky 'trash the ricer' speech) thanks.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:29 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: domestic noob

Nice deal on the 5.0! If you're looking for a nice lil stang to race, she's gonna be a good one. The 5.0's are cheap to mod, and they respond well to a lot of mods too, so you're in a good spot there. I say work on it, it'll help the value if ya wanna sell her later.

Try searching the 5.0 forum- the guys in there know a hell of a lot about mods and they'll gladly help ya!
Old 10-11-2004, 10:40 PM
TYKON

also, i am extremely not interested in a drag car. i really dont care about taking off a 10th second faster then someone, not to knock drag guys, it just isnt appealing to me. all i hear about 5.0s is about drag, do they make decent track cars?
Old 10-11-2004, 10:49 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

hell yeah man. if you do suspension mods, 'Stangs are just as good as the higher dollar cars out there. they have 'Stangs running w/ porsche's and other high dollar cars worth 4-5x as much as a mustang, just because they have the right mods. and just cuz you do mods doesnt mean its gotta be a drag car. most of 'em are running 302's or 306's(302 bored .030 over), with heads, cams, lil stuff like that. but, suspension for stangs aint cheap !!!!! if you want to make it a track car, check out Steeda and Griggs racing. theyre probably the top 2 full suspension names for 'Stang suspension, but, check out Eibach, Koni, KYB, any of those too to mix and match. but, i was gonna tell u to rid of the 180 and mod the stang, but, you seem like you like the 180, so im not gonna say, and YES i do like imports too, so, im not trashin it. but, either way, welcome to the forums, and you got a STEAL on that 'Stang, so, take care of her, or youll have to answer to me personally. haha
Old 10-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

Keep it stock until you really bored with the car. Stock stangs are hard to find and will be worth something someday.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:13 PM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

welcome to the forum!
Old 10-12-2004, 12:38 AM
White2000GT
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. Trash the ricer. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:14 AM
TYKON

ha...i love the 180. its weird how much different domestics and imports are. 4 vs 8 yet they still compete. driving the 180 is fun and very different then the 5.0. ive yet to autocross or do any type of racing at all in the 5.0, but you can feel the weight difference and it isnt necessarily a bad thing just way different. that being said i have no biased opinion, both are good cars...the 180 would annihilate the 5.0 as of now, but who knows in the future. all im saying is forget the import domestic beef, good cars are good cars and virtually every company has one...i appreciate them all.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:22 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

you might not be so bad after all. haha. you got an sr20det swap in it ?? or what you wanna do w/ it ??
Old 10-12-2004, 05:07 AM
MyStIcChRoMe04

Hey too each is own man. If you feel the need to modify your 5 0 and plan on keeping the vehicle, the go ***** to the walls. It's your vehicle and do not worry about the resale of the vehicle once the mods have been performed. If you enjoy the car, then do it. If your worrying about selling it, then maybe thats not the car for you.

Good Luck!!!!!!

Quick Reply: domestic noob