New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Chick

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default RE: New Chick

thanx and thanx. yeah i lost a few friends in car accidents so im kinda big on the whole saftey thing now..
Well, then let me explain something to ya. A roll cage is very UNSAFE to have on the street. A roll cage is part of a system thats designed to be used with racing seats, a helmet, and a 5 point harness. All of which are a bad idea on the street. In the event of an accident on the street, hitting your head on the cage will likely knock you out and most likely kill you without a helmet. The 5 point harness is also a no-no on the street. If the car does roll, and crushes the roof, they don't allow you to slide down under the belt and out of the way of the roof. Again, hitting your head on the cage and probably killing you. So, unless this is a race purpose vehicle, and doesn't see street use, just go with the roll bar. And at the very least, wait until you need any of that stuff.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Luckygirl278

i did most of the work myself. i just couldnt paint it.
im to short to hit the bar, but if it is to expensive to get the rollcage i will just get a roll bar thanx
Old 02-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

You missed the point. You're not to short to hit the roll bar. When you get in an accident, you bounce all over the place. If you want one, go for it...It's just not a good idea. Any decent cage shop isn't going to put one in on a street car. If they do, they're asking for a lawsuit.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:55 AM
jaybarnes

thats pretty sick that you did most of the work. On a negative note, that wing... a little to rice lookin, sorry but...
Old 02-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Luckygirl278

lol its ok i was jokin about the roll cage i never really knew that before and i dont like the wing much either but it was free so i had no complaints.
i love workin on my car, i was workin on it today
Old 02-26-2007, 01:29 AM
wolfpack_freak
3rd Gear Member

Very unique car,keep up the good work.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Luckygirl278

thanx
Old 02-26-2007, 04:48 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

I don't get this. If you guys saw this on the street, and you didn't know the person or anything, you would be laughing your asses off, or if someone posted a link to this in OT from like ebay, you guys would be crackin up laughing, I'm just a little confused... Is it because its a girl...? That's the only reason I can think of. And it's pretty cool that you did it all your self though, I guess it's just not my kinda thing.

Also, I don't even know why I'm posting this, If a mod doesn't agree with a comment, they will just delete the post...
Old 02-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Arwing

I don't get this. If you guys saw this on the street, and you didn't know the person or anything, you would be laughing your asses off, or if someone posted a link to this in OT from like ebay, you guys would be crackin up laughing, I'm just a little confused... Is it because its a girl...? That's the only reason I can think of. And it's pretty cool that you did it all your self though, I guess it's just not my kinda thing.

Also, I don't even know why I'm posting this, If a mod doesn't agree with a comment, they will just delete the post...
No, you're missing the point. There are all kinds of members here, and everyone is welcome. I don't see the point in bashing someones car. You'd have a fit if someone came in and bashed your car. So why do it to someone else?

Regardless of us thinking it's rice, we're all mature enough to keep the comments to ourselves. Leave it alone now.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

I think yellow cars are gay. [8D]

Quick Reply: New Chick