New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

my 50th birthday present!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:44 AM
crazhorse
1st Gear Member

Default RE: my 50th birthday present!!

heh maybe its because we are in TX........ mines 1400 every six months, altho i have a no seatbelt ticket from last summer [:@] and a accident on my record ( i was rearended and wasnt ticketed ) my insurance is with Progressive
Old 02-23-2005, 12:00 PM
CareBear3030

ORIGINAL: snlpa

Sounds to me like if someone is willing to pay that much they will take it. Most numbers told are way to high. I pay less than $1200 a year for full coverage on 02 Mustang GT and 97 Maxima. I have a 4 points and the wife has a DUI wich is 6 points. I am 33 years old!!
See how much he knows about the bills he pays for......yes it is full coverage on both cars.....but.....

We pay $2200 a year! LoL!!

Actually considering my DUI and his points thats not that bad! The insurance only went up $400 a year when we got the Mustang and traded in our conversion van. I guess insurance companies dont like conversion vans as much as they dont like Mustangs!
Old 02-23-2005, 09:33 PM
teddybear1255

Hey, Lexigirl...
Did you have to order the '05 or did you find it on a car lot somewhere? I'm going to have to order one, I think.
Nobody around here(GA) has that exact car!! Please post a pic if you can! I'll look into the insurance co you mentioned.
Anything's better than $800+/6mos. That's just for the Mustang. I also have a 2000 Accord EX and my husband has a 2003 Tacoma.
That's another $700/6mos for the both of them. [:'(][:@]
Old 02-23-2005, 10:10 PM
lexigirl

Teddybear--I lucked out and found it on a lot an hour south of Portland, OR. Well worth the drive.

Actually, I wanted a windveil blue GT, but couldn't find an auto tran in the state.[:'(] I found the white one on a lot and went for it 'cause I didn't have to wait, and the white looked pretty cool. The combo of the white, black leather interior and the satin silver dash looks really nice.

I will post a pic soon. I'm a techno idiot, tho, so will have to have hubby help.

Also, to clarify, that rate is for three insured people in combo with insurance on two other vehicles. Total, we pay about $3,000 a year for all three cars (Stang, BMW M3, Durango). Keep in mind, that's with a sixteen year old insured on all vehicles, which sure doesn't help at all. [:@] Without her, I'm sure it would be lots less.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:19 PM
teddybear1255

[sm=gears.gif]
I got to drive an '05 mustang GT, auto trans, redfire, red leather IUP...I wasn't too thrilled with the red color combo....seemed to be too much red...but the car drove so smooth!!! I knew then I had to have one! I seem to be set on the white GT. There's just something about the white ones that I really like. I keep checking on ins. hoping I can find a decent co. with decent ins. rates.
It's been tough!![8D]
Old 02-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teddybear1255

Anything's better than $800+/6mos. That's just for the Mustang. I also have a 2000 Accord EX and my husband has a 2003 Tacoma.
That's another $700/6mos for the both of them.
Your rates sound high. I know you mentioned that your record is good. By the looks of your post, you and your hubby are on the policies. Is his record as good as yours ?? I only pay $1200/yr. Full coverage 05 GT stick, full coverage 94 Harley, and liability on my beater 88 Caddy.

I know you will love the car !! Just don't understand the high rates. The way I got my GT 3 weeks ago: I watched the dealer inventory for dealerships in my area. The car I bought showed in inventory two days before it got here. Since I already test drove a GT, and had to have it, I called and when they said no buyer yet, I made the deal, the day before the car got there.

Best of luck !!
Old 02-23-2005, 10:52 PM
teddybear1255

My hubby and I both have good driving records...he's a "big" truck driver for a local co. Has to have a good record for that.
I'm still checking around for lower rates. Progressive through Cotton States here is the lowest quote I've found so far. That's who we have ins. with....3 cars and our house. One of the cars is coming off policy in Jul, then can put Mustang on...I'm hoping. Could be that GA rates are high anyway.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Seems like it. Any luck finding that "right" car ???
Old 02-24-2005, 11:10 PM
teddybear1255

Hey...
not so far...I did test drive a manual black GT this evening at the local Ford place. It was awesome!! The sales guy drove it 1st, then I drove it back to the dealership. That baby has some get up and go now!! Wheeeee!! I really liked it. I drove an auto trans about a month ago, and it was awesome, too. I think I like the drive of the auto trans better. It was all I could do to reach the clutch and not be too uncomfy with the gas and brake pedal and not have the steering wheel in my chest!! I'm only 5'2. I'm thinking of ordering my Tang in a couple of mos.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:20 PM
teddybear1255

Default RE: My 50th birthday present!!

I had a '69 Mustang in '76. It was a pale yellow hardtop, 3 speed. I wish now I'd kept the car. I've wanted another Mustang since, but with small children, that was out of the question. Now that my children are grown and on their own, I can get the car I want!!

Quick Reply: my 50th birthday present!!