New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

'05 GT Owner-to-Be from Harrisburg, PA

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 03:33 PM
ddd1968rt

Default '05 GT Owner-to-Be from Harrisburg, PA

Hi everybody!

I have had an order in since January 4th for a Torch Red Mustang GT Premium. It will have the IUP, automatic, anti-theft system, etc. After taking delivery, I'm having the dealer install white stripes on the hood, roof, and trunk. (They're the same as the stripes offered by the factory, just in white instead of silver or black.) I'm also having the dealer install the "Mustang" side stripes normally found only on the V-6, again in white. I'm also getting the polished aluminum wheels with the Mustang spinners shown in the sales brochure.

I've also been in contact with Kauffman Motorsports in Dillsburg, PA (just a little south of where I live) to see about adding some goodies to it after I take delivery. Just exactly what depends on both my budget and what the stock engine and (especially) the stock automatic can handle power-wise. (I don't think the engine will be any problem that way, but I'm hesitant about adding too much power to that automatic in stock form.)

Hope to hear from others soon!
Old 03-15-2005, 05:38 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: '05 GT Owner-to-Be from Harrisburg, PA

Welcome to the forumes. Did you get a delivery date?
Old 03-15-2005, 06:18 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. Good luck with your new car. Have fun.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:52 AM
ddd1968rt

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT

Welcome to the forumes. Did you get a delivery date?
No, not yet. Every time I call the hotline, I get the same message: "Clean and Unscheduled." My dealer tells me that there are still 4 GTs on order with them ahead of mine to be built. It's been ten weeks already. Maybe I could get an '07 SVT Cobra faster. [sm=icon_flaming.gif]
Old 03-16-2005, 11:08 AM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!!! After you do take delivery and start modding it, have a shift kit installed in the trans!!!! Hope that you can get it soo so you can enjoy driving it!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:09 PM
dockster75

Hey,

Why did you go with the automatic? I haven't test driven the new one yet but is it that smooth?
I just feel like if you're getting a mustang, especially a GT that you should get a stick. But i'm thinking about buying the new one and I live in northern va (horrible traffic) so thinkin about the auto.

dave d - went to dickinson college and my name's also Dave D. .... weird

Dave D #2
Old 03-16-2005, 05:33 PM
ddd1968rt

ORIGINAL: dockster75

Hey,

Why did you go with the automatic? I haven't test driven the new one yet but is it that smooth?
I just feel like if you're getting a mustang, especially a GT that you should get a stick. But i'm thinking about buying the new one and I live in northern va (horrible traffic) so thinkin about the auto.

dave d - went to dickinson college and my name's also Dave D. .... weird

Dave D #2
Hi Dave D #2 from Dave D #1

I'm going with the automatic for two reasons. The first you've already hit. I'm really not in the mood to be rowing the gears in traffic anymore. (It's startin' to get bad around Harrisburg, but NOTHING like it is where you are. I know. I worked down there nearly 20 years ago, and it was horrible there then!) Second reason is, my fiance's got a bad knee, which would keep her from driving it if it had a stick.

I test drove a V-6 automatic, and was very pleased with the peformance of the transmission. From what I've read on some other sites, the transmission is geared very well for acceleration in the first three gears. Fourth and fifth are aimed at fuel economy (especially the overdrive fifth).

My main concern with the automatic is, how well will it hold up if I supercharge the engine? I've posted this concern on several forums. Whipple Superchargers e-mailed a response to my questin on this, in which they said that there was no way the stock automatic could take a sustained 475 hp. They said that they'd de-tune their supercharger setup for the stock automatic to about 400 hp, so the transmission would live. They did tell me that I could get more power out of it if I could find aftermarket parts to beef up the tranny. I've already e-mailed Lentech about this.

Hopefully, I'll be able to take delivery of my 'stang before the Ford show at Carlisle this summer. Maybe we'll run into each other there.

Talk to you later, Dave D.

Dave D. from Harrisburg, PA
Old 03-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums.

Good luck !!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:18 PM
teddybear1255

Hey...
I've driven 2 '05 GT's in both the auto trans and the manual....I liked the auto so much better...I live in a small town and it's a lot of stop and go, an besides, it's all I can do to reach the clutch without my chin being in the steering wheel. The auto was very smooth. Loved it!!
Old 03-20-2005, 01:30 AM
antcheers

I drove the auto, and it is very sweet. I still order the stick!